Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [SCRATCHBUILD] Bulldozer Massive case Project

Default Re: [SCRATCHBUILD] Bulldozer Massive case Project

Shakmods, nice company, nicer people

I recieved reply from Shakmods and they decided to make me custom cables for my V1000
    Thank you guys, it is more than just sending components, it takes time and effort to make sleeved cables and i understand how much hours they will work on these... Thanks again!!!

Here is an update, i didnt have conditions for more pictures, and i allreay had similar photos of steel casing, this is aluminum.

I did few things that i didnt take a picture of, Rails were attached directly to the wood frame but now i added distancers and it slides allot better, Frame rails dont strech the frame anymore but totally oposite, they retract it now, making it more sturdy. Also the rail on wooden frame had its "toungue reduced so it can slide more to the end of the case, some screws got in the way and they are not an option for removal...

I did the hood from the top, it is now out of 3 pieces, no longer the "bend around" method, and i made a hole and attached the 2nd PSU fan grill on the side. Also i did back mesh for the future grill on the front side of the case.

Again, this is the way that PSU will go, but i will put some distancers so i can raise the platform a bit and it will allow me to make it 1-2cm wider.

Again the case half way out, it is a bit bigger than last one but it was so i can increase area where the HDD's are going, i needed height so i can manipulate better.

Rims to fill the empty space between the inner and outher case, , i will fix them when i finish inner case totaly and i have exact dimensions...

I hope you guys like the progress so far and that you understand that English isnt my native language and that i am self taught so, point me on any mistake i might have made. Cheers

Fans fit perfectly Love how the distance between them isnt regular, its possible to squeeze them tight together and i am really good with that

this is the top one, the one that will blow directly to graphic cards and cool them aditionally hehe

Isn't it a beauty to see them like this, i will lower them to go at around 700rpm, i wont need them to go any more because i will make a sandwitch out of 2 radiators and the middle ones will go at 1200 rpm just to cycle the air between 2 of them

It got a bit late and i couldn't take all the pictures i wanted, a bit tired...
    Also, i made my 6th and final rooftop XD

I finished the sides made of acrylic... the entire case is a bit rough, there is some things i have to finish, i got rims that will go instead of duckt tape but for now its like this...

I admit, today its ugly as hell but with rims finished it will look much smoother and all.. its really robust, but i like it that way, it will be a piece of furniture in my room

It started to get final form, if you guys thought it looked big before, wait to see it now

ITS MASSIVE!!!

Still, much more work to be done

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Now that's really starting to look like a 'dozer! Nice work!
    TheMainMan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    Now that's really starting to look like a 'dozer! Nice work!
    I didnt know what to expect when i put tracks on these are just temp tracks, i will grab better ones... need to get my measurements correct also, TNX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bingoddess View Post
    ahh. It is looking quite massive. How much cost you are expecting for this complete project?
    Define cost... Including computer parts and all sponsor stuff or just the construction of the monstrosity?

Ok, i know it has been a good long while since i last posted but i am happy to inform you that i am contiunuing my work and that i cleared another year in my faculty studying came first to this... sorry

I took few of these at local shop here in Serbia ( Uradi sam / Do it yourself )

I cut them to lenght and i made new tracks...

( mind the dog, she is dangerous )

I figured out how to make the windscreen the way i want it to be, also spoon is done tomorrow when i take the rear suspension from Fiat Punto

There is a bit more update some stuff came last week from AquaTuning

Tomorrow i will make ubber update!!! I kept you in the dark for far too long

Ok, i got few pics of progress and a question

The spoon will be simmilar to this but i will str18 it a bit, add some mesh on top, make it more robust with stirofoam and such... it will look really good with suspensions and all painted trust me, i have it in my head!!!

Also there is a question regarding these two pictures below

Should i make mud protector on the 2nd pic, or should i leave it like it is on the 1st?
    Please post coments on what you think i should do and what you like/dislike on it...

Tnx, Bax!

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

I find the second option to look too bulky, so I'd have to go with the first. The second one might be okay if it didn't have as much on the vertical height or was moved about the wooden piece on the frame.

Looking great overall!
    TheMainMan