Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [SCRATCHBUILD] Bulldozer Massive case Project

Default Re: [SCRATCHBUILD] Bulldozer Massive case Project

Tnx man, yeah i am hoping that painting this in the end will make it shine... btw, only things left are to finish acrylic windows, middle shelf, and cable holes and its time for painting i think i will paint it for the weekend

Ok guys, today i got my first sponsors, i recieved a nice timely response from Phobya

Phobya

AlphaCool

AquaTuning

Heya guys, tomorrow it will be ready for base and white paint , after that i will do cable menagment with some cable routers, and paint it all in the colours it is intended stay tuned

I hope you can see how massive it is

So today i found out that the box in my wast basement wasnt just an empty box as i tought for last 6 years, inside was mint in box router

*idiot right...he..he.....he. *

I made cannals for acrulyc window i will be using

and it will go here :

also i got a bit pissed and redid the rooftop, AGAIN *5th time* ARGHHHH

new system for easyer mounting with 2 steel bars...

Also, tomorrow, as i found out i have router i will smothen all the edges down and give them nice curvy finish

Today i totally rebuilt the side pannels... one of those days when nothing fits, and i was so angry about it... so i had to do it right this time! I made them from far better quality wood, more precise, with new tools... looks 10 times better and works properly now (the sliding mechanism)...

The wood is 10 times better, more compressed, easyer to manipulate.

Got a template for 480... and did it right!

Smoothen the edges...

and the big ass drill for wider and "non-bend" blade for my saw

And last, but not least, see the difference!!!
    Old:

New:

Also, new sponsor... CoolerMaster.. more details tomorrow

Me again, to some it maybe funny, but i am full of emotions for this!

Few days after i started working on this project, few people asked me what will i be using from components, and i said that i would be using what i had at the time or untill i find some sponsors... one of those parts was AMD Athlon II X3 450 that i was using... One guys, at the time a random guy on the forum asked me if i Phenom II 980BE would be an improvment untill i get cash to get new one or find a sponsor, i still dont have sponsor for the processor...

Imagine me today when i heard from mailman that i have a package from France..

I knew the guy for half an hour from forum and over PM on the forum... and he decided to help me in such a manner... It may not bet extraordinary, and such but it means allot more than just a processor... it means that there are still great people in this world, and a new hope risen inside of me just from this gesture!!!The moment i get new processor either from sponsors or i get some cash to buy it. i am gonna make special mount for this one, to shine as a simbol of respect, UTMOST RESPECT towords Blobster21 and people like him!!!

Guys, sorry i haven't been posting for a while, but it was holyday season here in Serbia, and i was kinda tortured by my neighbour i have been planing to rebuild chasis for the case from steel to aluminum, and i wanted to ask a buddy of mine who is professional welder to do the welds for me, but he refused and instead outh to teach me how to weld "If you want to do this as a hobby you need to learn how to do it... you will need it, you can use my equipment!" so i learned how to weld aluminum, and it is going quite well, nice clean welds hehe

Also, if you are doing something, there isnt my way, your way, his way... there is the right way or the wrong way... took me some time to figure that out for myself

Aluminum box tubes...

Kind'a expensive :/
    Also, i will be doing aluminum case, and pics next time

Ok guys, i did it, i redid the frane in to an aluminum one and it turned out extra!!!
    you can see it on the video below

https://youtu.be/bEVsWRGQr6U

The aluminum alloy that i am using is durafix, and it is insanely strong for welding, i did a weld and i smashed it with hammer trying to tare the weld and make the weld brake, the only thing that broke was the cube piple it self... and i used really small ammount of it..

You can see here, i welded, well its more like soldered only 2 sides, see how much smashing it has been trough and still survived

Also the frame and welds, few pics... it will be done tonigh, and finally i can start painting tomorrow, i switched entire case upside down... i ended up with 2 cases

I hope you like it , also guys if you ever try to do these welds, they dont stick to steel, only to "Coloured metals" so you can use steel plate instead of the one i have been using, i used Azbestus boards so i can get my nails in and keep it all at the right angle... Be advised, azbestus is highly cancerogenic... and the fumes are really rough! but i needed to keep temp and it is extremely good insulator...

Some closeups on the welds, and also the frame is finished, i even figured out how to fix the bend caused by heat to aluminum, tho the bend isn't big, 2-3 degrees it is still annoying and it bends entire body, all that caused because i dont have horisontal cubetube above the components (i left it open so i can tinker with it with ease... i figured few ways to fix that, and i hope you guys will like it...

The 2-3 degrees influence in overall look of the case...

it is causing the difference of about 1-2mm from one side to the other and it pisses me off.

FIX! The simple solution.. threaded stick, with it i could adjust it all the pictures are low quality because of the lighting and my primary camera died... using camcorder to take photos

loosening of the screw acts like a car lift, stretches the frame, and i got exactly what i needed

Hope you guys like this

p.s. the entire case is sanded now, it has been Gited and is ready for its first paintjob... also, going to get stuff from CoolerMaster HQ here in Serbia tomorrow morning

Update...

So, I was at Cooler Master office here in belgrade and i got some neat stuff

1. A BOX:

hehe

Really now here is the bundle:

and power supply separate from that because of the bad quality of the picture

What exactly was in the box:

1. V1000 - Fully modluar 1000w power supply
    2. Storm Rapid-I mechanical gaming keyboard - cherry mx brown
    3. Ten CoolerMaster Jetflo 120mm fans with red backlight
    4. Storm Havoc 8200dpi Laser mouse

Another thanks to CoolerMaster, they made me really happy more pictures along the way hihi