Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [SCRATCHBUILD] Bulldozer Massive case Project

Default Re: [SCRATCHBUILD] Bulldozer Massive case Project

Ok, i made back panel now for the radiator and hard drive area i made a sandwitch of two pieces of aluminum sheets folded them in the way i needed them and stuffed them with thermal isolation that will help muffle the sound as well and made entire thing really sturdy at no weight cost

As for hard drive mount, i will make a sort of floating floor for almost complete vibration reduction, it will be two sheets of aluminum, bottom one mounted, than spounge in between 10mm thick and another aluminum sheet on top of it, connected to the bottom with rubber going all around it

Working on fan grill design turned out to be more complicated than i thought

Here is what i have for now... still need to figure out few more details

Rad grill done, if anyone likes/wants this, or stuff like this, i got few designs i made for now and for later on with new projects, you can just PM me/ email/ or reply they are .crd and ready for laser cutting in scale for 240 rad ( two for 480 )

Ok, i finished wrecking my old Chieftec Aegis case to scrap here is what the backplate looks like nicely sanded ( i hand sanded it :/ ) and in its new home also, i will need to cut the hole for the cpu cooler mount and so i can put a 92mm fan back there.. it helps allot with chip cooling

i also added mesh to the PSU tray

And something i think could be really nice if i manage to do it properly

Kinda odd that the PSU case is perfect dimensions to host 2 3.5" hard drives and 80mm fan

Ok, so i tossed everything on so i can see how it looks and my dog came to inspect it... if she could, she would have gotten her self inside in no time ( i gotta post video of us trying to get her out of the car )

*the red thing on the top is from my old sidepannel, will use it later as a mesh for somewhere

Also i started doing some work around the cabbin, this is first look, i need to straiten it before i can use it... it will only be a mold for bending acrylic glass pannel so it is gonna be entire side bent

So what do you guys think?

It's a bit more redneck than I'd go for in a computer, but certainly one of the most imaginative things I've seen lately. Definitely entertaining to see where you're going next. Keep on it!
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    It's a bit more redneck than I'd go for in a computer, but certainly one of the most imaginative things I've seen lately. Definitely entertaining to see where you're going next. Keep on it!
    Yeah, it is a bit redneck, but i wanted to make something different as i understand, with modding its all about inovation . Also, it's nice to hear words of praise from moderator

Absolutely agreed. Not every mod needs to be a shining masterpiece, cut on a CNC machine and laser, with $25,000 worth of parts. Some of the cheapest, simplest mods are the best. Anything that triggers an idea for someone else to try doing their own thing is excellent.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Ok, today i figured out i could have taken a cabbinet and modify it for the thing i did in the end

It seemed logical to make it like this instead of making it out of 3 parts...

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

I think this project is really going to start looking great once the paint is on. The construction is impressive for the ingenuity you've shown in how to create the shapes you're looking for but at the moment it still looks like a collection of pieces from a home improvement store. Paint will likely change that as it will bring the individual pieces fully into the design. I've been watching this with a great deal of interest and think it looks great so far. Keep up the great work!
    TheMainMan