Thread: Is there a cord that can make any tv into a computer monitor that has an av input?

Default Is there a cord that can make any tv into a computer monitor that has an av input?

I want my old box tv to be a monitor for my computer for Netflix and hulu, it only has av hook up, it can play game systems so i figure someone has made a cord for this already, anyone know where i can find one? And what it's called

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Default Re: Is there a cord that can make any tv into a computer monitor that has an av input

If the connection on the back of the TV is a yellow plug, you'll need a VGA (for computer) to composite (TV) CONVERTER (not adapter). If the TV connections are red, blue and green, you'll need a VGA to component ADAPTER, if your computer supports TV out, or a CONVERTER if it doesn't. All of these can be found on Amazon for fairly reasonable prices.

To give you a definite answer we'd need to know more about your graphics card in your computer and the model of your TV.
    TheMainMan

Default Re: Is there a cord that can make any tv into a computer monitor that has an av input

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    If the connection on the back of the TV is a yellow plug, you'll need a VGA (for computer) to composite (TV) CONVERTER (not adapter). If the TV connections are red, blue and green, you'll need a VGA to component ADAPTER, if your computer supports TV out, or a CONVERTER if it doesn't. All of these can be found on Amazon for fairly reasonable prices.

To give you a definite answer we'd need to know more about your graphics card in your computer and the model of your TV.
    Hi. thank you for your answer. Do you mean that i need RCA to VGA adapter? I have tried according to your suggestion but i am getting only video but there is no audio. Can you please elaborate more?

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

For audio you would likely need a 3.5mm to RCA cable to go from the line-out or headphone jack on the computer to the Red and White RCA inputs on the TV. I totally intended to include that in my initial response and forgot, my apologies.
    TheMainMan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    For audio you would likely need a 3.5mm to RCA cable to go from the line-out or headphone jack on the computer to the Red and White RCA inputs on the TV. I totally intended to include that in my initial response and forgot, my apologies.
    Thank you so much for your answer. There is no need to apologies. Meanwhile i have successfully address the issue according to your advice. Thanks again.