Thread: Network Mapping Software?

Default Network Mapping Software?

I'm looking to make a visual representation of all of the devices on my home network, so I can organize what I'm going to be building in the future and get a better idea of what my needs are going to be. Since there's a lot of smaller devices involved like a Raspberry Pi Print server, MAME machine, a pair of NAS machines, etc.

I thought maybe I'd just throw something together in Photoshop, but I've been having trouble tracking down icons that I like, so I figured maybe someone's actually dealt with something like this before and could direct me to some software to expedite the process. Thanks.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Default Re: Network Mapping Software?

Not cheap, but I use Visio. Lots of free stencils all over the web. You might be able to get a cheap license for an old version or possibly for free if you know someone. I'll dig through my stack of old disks to see if I still have one.

I also have an add on for Visio called Netzoom. It has network mapping software built in that will discover any device on your network and try and load the stencil automatically if it can get a manufacturer and model number. Netzoom also lets you build data centers and equipment racks with full wiring connectors setup.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Thanks Airbozo, I found an alternative to Visio that's free that I think will work for my purposes.

https://www.lucidchart.com/pages/tou....google.com%2F
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

Very cool!

I will have to check it out. Looks like you can import Visio stencils too.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Still sorting out the network build in progress, but so far it's 2 desktops (main rig and streaming/transcoding PC), 2 NAS one for media, another for backups. 4 (or more) Raspberry Pis, probably more. 2 Laptops, and the family PC. As well as the router box.
    The Ghostwheel Project