Thread: FS: i7-5960X proc, X99 R5E mobo, DDR4-3000

Default FS: i7-5960X proc, X99 R5E mobo, DDR4-3000

Intel Core i7-5960X proc
    This product (newegg.com)
    BNIB, unopened, unused

Asus/ROG Rampage V Extreme X99 mobo
    LNIB, used for a couple weeks (and works perfectly)
    Note that this is the "original" R5E, not the "new" R5E/U3.1 Edition. It is exactly the same motherboard revision (which is still not USB3.1-native), the only physical difference is that Asus now includes a PCIe-USB3.1 card in the box. (And these cards can now be purchased separately, Asus or generic.)

G.Skill RipJaws 4 32GB/4x8GB DDR4-3000-15-15-15-35-2N 1.35V quad-channel kit (F4-3000C15Q-32GRK, black)
    BNIB, unopened, unused, receipts from newegg.ca (two of these kits available)

All original packaging, accessories, receipts (from NCIX and newegg.ca), etc, are still present. I was originally intending to build a second X99 beast similar to my first, but my plans changed before all the parts arrived so now they're just collecting dust. (Didn't unpackage item in the hopes of retaining return/resell value.)

I'm flexible with payment/shipping options (from Canada) and not in any particular rush for cash (although the items are posted on my local craigslist, so they will eventually disappear). Anyone here wanna save a few bucks while building a beastly new X99 platform?
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Default Re: FS: i7-5960X proc, X99 R5E mobo, DDR4-3000

Morbid curiosity, are you still trying to get rid of this?
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Default Re: FS: i7-5960X proc, X99 R5E mobo, DDR4-3000

I sold the mobo and proc already, actually got more than I paid for them.

I still have the two 32GB DDR4-3000 kits, basically worth about USD$250 each, I still have them on craigslist for USD$200 each. Seems like X99 enthusiasts are only interested in DDR3-3300+ these days. (Even though the iMCs built into Haswell-E and Haswell-EP procs are only rated for DDR4-2133 so in the real world you need to win an epic silicon lottery to actually score DDR4-2800+ bandwidth. And such extreme speeds are more about brag and swag and hyperspecific benchmarks than actual real world performance. I suspect the higher freqs are a mix of demand from extreme LN2 overclockers and the usual crowd of selectively ignorant gamers.)
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.