Thread: Modding tips, tricks and/or advice?

MitaPi

Default Modding tips, tricks and/or advice?

Well the title is pretty self-explanatory. I have a Nxzt Lexa computer case and I would like to make it a little bit more one of a kind if you get my drift. Nothing major unless its monkey work. So far the only idea I have gotten would be to put LED's behind the door of the case (Thnx omega). Does anyone else have some neato idea's that would be perferably easy (but not limited to) making my case at least seem more custom/one of a kind? Like always, Thank you all for your help, tips, advice, etc. etc. It is very much appreciated to this noob.

-MitaPi

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Modding tips, tricks and/or advice?

Quote Originally Posted by MitaPi
    Well the title is pretty self-explanatory. I have a Nxzt Lexa computer case and I would like to make it a little bit more one of a kind if you get my drift. Nothing major unless its monkey work. So far the only idea I have gotten would be to put LED's behind the door of the case (Thnx omega). Does anyone else have some neato idea's that would be perferably easy (but not limited to) making my case at least seem more custom/one of a kind? Like always, Thank you all for your help, tips, advice, etc. etc. It is very much appreciated to this noob.

-MitaPi

Your welcome for the door lighting idea.

I might actually try that (read: I probably won't, though)

Uh, i would tell you my idea about (not telling you, lol), but that's gonne be like my secret touch on ArgDawn

Since I am really in an illumination mood (and illumination is pretty easy) maybe fab up a plexi/perspex box sort of thing for under the case, then put cathodes in it =D

Also, maybe see if you can get the window etched or add a fan-mount

/Omega

EDIT:

oh oh oh advice

if you ever doubt your electrical skills, asume that it is wrong and ask somebody here, especially if you don't have electronics training or practice

I've assumed when working with electronics before, it is not something you want to risk doing.

But just a little hint (well, it's not little), never connect any other colored wire to black. Black (or green, or brown) is ground, and if you short a circuit out, it is not good.

Also,
    Red wires are 5v, Yellow wires are 12v, black is ground (if you look at molex connector, you will probably know why I am telling you this), never get red and yellow mixed up, either =D

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

MitaPi

HA HA! that is great advice and a wonderful idea! This is my first time doing anything more than just buying a case so it should be interesting!

Case Wizard

This idea is "kinda stolen" from Falcon Northwest... but since you are putting lights behind the doors, you can maybe cut out a logo/design so the LEDs can light that up. Check out Falcon NW if you don't know what I mean.

MitaPi

That.. is a great idea. One black rose coming up! ^_^