Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: POWER CELL (Scratch Build cylinder PC)

ATX Mental Case

Default POWER CELL (Scratch Build cylinder PC)

Proudly Sponsored By ASUS.

PC Build Specs:

Height up to 700mm.
    Width: up to 400mm.
    Case Shape: cylinder. One base, One top, 3 Pillars, 3 clear windows. Being build ATM.
    Case Colour: Grayish/white, with some black & red.
    MoBo: Asus H97I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard That will mounted to the bottom and the case.
    GPU: ASUS TURBO GEFORCE GTX 960 OC Edition 2GB-GDDR5. Staying air cooled, This will be mounted to one of the 3 case pillars.
    Running on a PCIe cable. The TURBO GTX 960 with the exhaust out the bottom of the case,
    And the intake for the TURBO GTX 960 will come from the pillar it is mounted to.
    CPU: 4690k
    RAM: ?
    PSU: Still needed, Will be mounted in the base.
    Water Cooling, One custom 60mm x 400mm res. (3x 120 slim rads, CPU block, 1x Pump, fittings.) ( 6x90mm W 20x20mm H,D clear blocks running 9x5mm Round 500mm L tubing.
    that will be on the out side of the case as part of the loop. being built ATM)
    Lighting: Black Light, and some white LED's.
    Fluid: Green.
    Loop fittings:

To start off with im doing the out side water blocks/res there will be 6 in all three at the top and three at the bottom. All 6 will be part of the cooling loop.

They will be fitted to the out side of the case, The three on top will be linked the one's on the bottom. So one top one will link to one bottom one, with 3x 5mm clear tubes and so on. on the back of each block will be one fitting that go's to a stand 1/2 mantel bent loop. back to one of the other blocks and keeps going. Lets just call the outer blocks (Loop rails.)

So below I have started a quick step by step.
    for the blocks, after ill be adding the 3x 5mm tubes to the 2x blocks to make one (Loop Rail.) and this will be done 3 times.

Working on the Motherboard armor and the back plate IO shield that will lock onto the Motherboard armor, Still need to make a hole for the CPU. but still not sure what CPU block will be used.

here I have started working on the center res mount. So far I have made the casing, added some blue LED's, put some steel mesh around it. Still need to add a small electric motor to turn the black cover at the bottom. to create a rotation of light in side the case. Once that is done i will starting working on the rest of the res mount. And then add the rest of the trimmings.

Sorry about playing info catch up. I post the photos now and fill in the "blank"s soon.

"blank"

"blank"

"blank"

"blank"

"blank"

"blank"

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers, Ken.

Default Re: POWER CELL (Scratch Build cylinder PC)

I have a feeling I am going to really like this.

Great start Ken!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

ATX Mental Case

As always, Thanks for your support Guys,

ATX Mental Case

Hi here are some more Photo's, Will have some more again in a day or so.

Outer Loop tubing.

GPU from the out side of the case, will have mesh over the face. and a filter that slides in from the side.

Inside the case,

I have made 3 mounts to hold the center Res Light, And to strengthen up the case a bit more. One of then needed to be change to work with the GPU space.

My work shop or should I say my Wife's dining table. She loves ME!

The bottom of the case with PSU filter.

Again thank you for stopping by. more again soon.

Cheers, Ken.

Yep.. I DEFINITELY like this!! You had me a remote mounted video card!

Beautiful work.

ATX Mental Case

Thanks OvRiDe. Now I have you hooked, I just need to reel you in with the rest of the build,

ATX Mental Case

Hello again.

Today I fitted a flow indicator into one of the back pillars so it cans be seen from the inside of the case, I also added 2 micro switchers to the bottom front of the case, One switch has a green LED, and the other is blue, One switch will be for the power and the other will be the reset, the blue LED will be the HDD drive light, and the green will be the power light.

Thanks again for stopping by and following the build.

ATX Mental Case

Hi All

The I-beam has been test fitted, here are some photo's of where they are going.

What do you think ?

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers, Ken.

ATX Mental Case

Hello again everyone, Just a small update I have made a dust filter for the GPU as well, That slides out for the side of the pillar for cleaning. And added the mesh. I have done more to the GPU mount. But will have some updates on the weekend.

I have also change the logo it needed redoing the old one was bugging the crap out of me, and the new logo can now be easily made on a CNC or laser cutter if need be.

Thanks for stopping by.