Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: POWER CELL (Scratch Build cylinder PC)

Default Re: POWER CELL (Scratch Build cylinder PC)

Awesome! nuff said!

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Awesome! nuff said!
    Cheers,

ATX Mental Case

Hello Again,

Still progressing on the Power Cell. I have been adding more details to the outer rims of the case, Still a lot more to do there. I have now also added the lower I-beam arms. As well as the outlet for the GPU. I will be doing all the side covers for the top and bottom base over the next week. Getting much closer to having it ready for paint.

Thanks again for stopping by.

ATX Mental Case

Hello again.

Starting to add some lighting to parts of the case. before I start looking at the painting things I need to make sure it's all working and fits. And once all the painting is done. I will fit all the light FX to it again.

This bit is for any one that likes playing with electronics. I have not done this for some time my self. But it's time to do some soldering again. The top dish of the case will have a ring around the outside edge. The plastic around the outside is a translucent white. So the light can be seen the rest of the case is made of a solid white, and will be backed with black paint. This part of the case will pulsate with light behind it.

LED string,

Jaycar kit.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Interesting kit. Looks pretty straight forward, with Arduino Nano and Pro Mini's going so cheap on eBay, I am used to seeing people use them for these kind of projects. Looking forward to seeing how this works out.

Very nice work as usual.

ATX Mental Case

Interesting kit. Looks pretty straight forward, with Arduino Nano and Pro Mini's going so cheap on eBay, I am used to seeing people use them for these kind of projects. Looking forward to seeing how this works out.

Very nice work as usual.

Hi OvRiDe I'm still old school, I'm so old I did not even know about the Arduino Nano, But thanks to you I do now. My wife is going to hate me.

looks like I'm not going to be using the Jay-car kit after all. Being that I'm real old and way out of date. Arduino Nano looks better for what i want to do. and with some work. can run lots of light. doing all kinds of things. So I guess all be trying that instead. something new for me to work out. I have to do some how to research on how it all work now, I do have some normal LED strips that I might use instead to make it more even. Thanks OvRiDe.

Welcome to the world of Arduino! There is so much that you can do with just a little electronics knowledge and a little coding knowledge. From controlling LEDs, Servos, Relays to measuring sensors such as voltage, temperature, humidity, it is truly a versatile bit of kit. You might look into the WS2811 and WS2812 LED strips/modules (aka Neopixels) as well. Individually addressable and RGB strips, sticks, pixels, etc etc... Here is an example of what I built for Halloween with a Arduino Pro Mini, 2 8 LED pixel sticks, and a USB 5V charger...

ATX Mental Case

Power Cell Light test.

https://youtu.be/6Dz2klZAq3o

ATX Mental Case

Welcome to the world of Arduino! There is so much that you can do with just a little electronics knowledge and a little coding knowledge. From controlling LEDs, Servos, Relays to measuring sensors such as voltage, temperature, humidity, it is truly a versatile bit of kit. You might look into the WS2811 and WS2812 LED strips/modules (aka Neopixels) as well. Individually addressable and RGB strips, sticks, pixels, etc etc... Here is an example of what I built for Halloween with a Arduino Pro Mini, 2 8 LED pixel sticks, and a USB 5V charger...

Nice work that looks cool.
    Last edited by OvRiDe; 11-08-2015 at 12:03 AM. Reason: fixed quote box.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenator View Post
    Power Cell Light test.

https://youtu.be/6Dz2klZAq3o
    Must have more information! Is that using an Arduino?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenator View Post
    Nice work that looks cool.
    Thank you.