Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Human Skin?!?!?

Lightbulb Human Skin?!?!?

Hey guys! This is my first post here. Great website, I have been coming here looking at the mods for a while now.

Anyway, on to my question. What I want to do is take a comp case frame and make it look like it was picked up out of a landfill or dump or something of that sort. That is the easy part. On the outside of the case I want it to look like human skin. Basically think of this project as Leatherface’s Computer. I call it Project Leathercase.

I have been considering trying Latex, like making a latex mask, but am concerned about heat issues because I am not going to be water cooling this computer. Anyone here have any clue to what would be the best way to do this? I have some modding skills, but none that extend further than painting, cutting, and the other easy stuff. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Human Skin?!?!?

liquid latex + find one of those stryrafoam heads that wig shops use to display their wigs (walk in and ask to buy one, mention its for an art project for school and the old people might give ya one for free) Now you have something to make your mold off of, incase the ones at the shop are faceless heads, try spencers or a horror\humor shop for a face jello mold (or find one online) and you can use that. so Face mold + liquid latex = face skin

good luck, and now I wanna try this!

That is a pretty good idea actully. But im also wondering if it can be done easier with some other material. Anyone have any ideas of somthing besides latex i could use?

Maybe actual skin? I dunno try a butcher shop, a taxidurmist. some type of deli meat skin maybe. I still think latex would be the better, cleaner alternative. Crimson the SFX wizard would know more about this.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by ZeD
    Maybe actual skin? I dunno try a butcher shop, a taxidurmist. some type of deli meat skin maybe. I still think latex would be the better, cleaner alternative. Crimson the SFX wizard would know more about this.
    That's kind of gross, but maybe I think this cause I'm a girl. I'd say stay to the latex.

Case Wizard

Latex IMHO, would be the way to go. Just make sure you have good air flow and heat wont be much of an Issue.

If Feel is not an issue on it, then why not use a vinel skin for the case and either paint it to look like skin or use a plotter.

Smooth-on has a product called dragon skin that is used for animatronics. It's clear but you can add pigment. It is not cheap though. Standard sculpey (translucent) is tan but bakes hard. Sculpey superflex is flexible after baking and comes in translucent.

Latex would likely be the cheapest if you actually want it to be soft.

For leatherface's mask, I'd use some chamois(?) from an auto parts store for the case covering. Stitch them together around the case, wet them so they shrink and dry hard. The odd eye hole with led red eye or mouth behind would be sufficiently creepy.

Overclocked

It would be sweet if you had stiching in it.

Fresh Paint

this is just a history tid bit but. in the 1700s there was a case where a hired hand on a farm killed his boss and his boss' family. he was sentanced to death and at the request a local doctor he criminal was skinned. the doctor then sent the human pelt to a tanner and the doctor took the leather and made a wallet out of human skin. its strange but true. it was on the discovery channel a couple of weeks ago (i watch too much discovery, TLC, History channel, etc...)

Water Cooled

and what does a wallet made out of human skin have to do with a computer case? (other than containing the money to buy one)