Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Human Skin?!?!?

Overclocked

Default Re: Human Skin?!?!?

That picture makes me think of the magic book in the movie Hocus Pocus.

I really think I am going to use leather or Mach's shammy idea. Ill still be looking for ideas and am going to try andtest as many of them out as possable. I got the case that i am going to use for this and will be posting some pics soon. Thanks for the help guys.

I don't think a chamois will give you that smooth finish that you a looking for. Check to see if there is a tandy leather store in your area. They usually have bargain bins of odd leather pieces. You can also talk with upholstery shops (auto or furniture) that will sell pieces of leather if you ask nicely.

www.tandyleather.com

look at mashies worklog for his Y2K bug

Fresh Paint

pit in basement + lotion + Psychopath = Best way to get human skin look

Fresh Paint

Could go to a costume shop and buy a latex halloween mask to cut up. I'm sure you could find one in a flesh color complete with facial features to make it more realistic.
    redhalo.us

Quote Originally Posted by redhalo
    Could go to a costume shop and buy a latex halloween mask to cut up. I'm sure you could find one in a flesh color complete with facial features to make it more realistic.
    This was my very first idea I had. It was inspired by a mask I seen called Patches. Was my main reason for thinking of useing latex. Iv decided to go with leather though.

Anodized

Well you could buy some footballs or basketballs and hack them up for your leather. Or maybe use an old leather jacket, check some goodwill stores too.

LOL thats exactly what I did! I found an old leather jacket that is going to work perfectly. Ill have pics of my progress soon.

Do a google search for tattoo skin... They make a product that is lamost identical to human skin, it is so good that tattooists use it to practice on and it can then be mounted on the wall to show how the design will look in skin instead of on a piece of paper.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein