Thread: Heavenly Sword

Default Heavenly Sword

heavenly sword

i got a email today from sony playstation underground and got some G.A.P "exclusive" (i'm not sure if anyone else gets the same stuff, i'm thinking other people will see it who don't have it.)

it looks like a good game and i think will make me want a ps3 more, but not enough to get a ps3. so far the only games i want for ps3 are Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII and now Heavenly Sword.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Heavenly Sword

Looks like the best game of its class so far. But as for my personal opinion on what I think of this game or other games like it, they aren't for me. They're the kind of games that I play when I am absolutely bored to death and have nothing else to do, aside from the first week or two that I play them obsessively until I either beat the game or just grow bored of it. But the graphics look amazing, some of the fighting moves look pretty slick too. Thats the good thing with these kinds of games, the "playground" is fairly small, so they can really focus on releasing some badass graphics. ...and there lies my dream. World of Warcraft spliced with TES IV: Oblivion. :p

Is that the six axis controller that they are using? I'm not sure how I feel about using one of those, it might be kind of fun though. Thinking about it, when playing racing games, I always move the controller with the car, especially when I'm turning hard. So that might be kind of a cool controller to have! I wonder if thats where they got the idea from? You always see people moving their controllers around like that, I bet playstation must of seen that and used it.

Anyways, cool vids. Gaming is starting to get pretty amazing anymore. It's good to see Playstation releasing some games, its a shame to see that war horse of a console be bought for mainly blu-ray dvd use. Now if only it weren't so damn ugly, I would probably want to buy one. The games will come sooner or later, I'm sure. Having built in Blu-ray is pretty awesome. But you can't really change the looks of it, so thats kind of a deal breaker for me. I would of liked it more if it were just a white box with blue leds. Sort of like a mac mixed with a wii. That would be cool in my opinion, but then again, I like things in the "simple yet effective" category.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    Looks like the best game of its class so far. But as for my personal opinion on what I think of this game or other games like it, they aren't for me. They're the kind of games that I play when I am absolutely bored to death and have nothing else to do, aside from the first week or two that I play them obsessively until I either beat the game or just grow bored of it. But the graphics look amazing, some of the fighting moves look pretty slick too. Thats the good thing with these kinds of games, the "playground" is fairly small, so they can really focus on releasing some badass graphics. ...and there lies my dream. World of Warcraft spliced with TES IV: Oblivion. :p
    it looks really good but like you i'm not sure if i would like it enough. if its anything like onimusha then i will forsure like and get it.

Is that the six axis controller that they are using? I'm not sure how I feel about using one of those, it might be kind of fun though. Thinking about it, when playing racing games, I always move the controller with the car, especially when I'm turning hard. So that might be kind of a cool controller to have! I wonder if thats where they got the idea from? You always see people moving their controllers around like that, I bet playstation must of seen that and used it.
    those bastards stole it from Nintendo Wii, but i'm sure like the video card world the more competitor's the lower the prices.

But you can't really change the looks of it, so thats kind of a deal breaker for me.
    if your a modder you can change ANY thing!

the classic grill

not ps3 but gamecube csae mod

i think if i ever own a 360, ps3, and wii (not sure i would do it with the wii, i like it the way it is) i would put them in a full or mid tower pc case then have a channel selector and hook them all up into one.
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Well, in my defense, I'll give you the facts as I see them.

*Wii = $250
    *PS3 = $600

I might take apart and mod a Wii, but I would never take apart a PS3 and risk being out $600usd. As for the 360, pff, all they need is a window and a fresh coat of paint. They're already cool looking out of the box. :p

That Star Wars Wii mod is freaking awesome, even though I think the Wii looks the best out of the three major consoles. I would be kind of scared that it would get knocked over somehow and F it up internally though, but other than that, I wish that modder would pay a visit to our forum and give us a worklog or two.

Putting a console into a PC would be pretty cool. Then you could water cool it without making it look ugly. :p

*Last time I checked at least. I'm too lazy to research them right now.
    Last edited by Zephik; 08-08-2007 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Changed topic of discussion
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Heavenly Sword is the only game that impresses me on the PS3. Well, I guess besides Resistance. But it is the only PS3 game that I've thought looked mildly entertaining.
    RIP Bucko

here is more pictures of the ATAT NGC.

here is Final Fantasy XIII which looks really good.