Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: World of Warcraft 10 Day Trial

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: World of Warcraft 10 Day Trial

If you buy the game from a store, do you get a 30 days free? I was looking at the online upgrade and it said it was 20 bucks but I get 30 days free and then I will be charged the monthly payment...

also, WHY can't I play WarRock on the absolutely lowest of low settings but I can play WoW just fine. How does that make sense??
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Yeah, you get a a 10 day trial, 30 days prepaid with your purchase in a store or online. Prices vary, but what I've seen lately most stores are selling the base game at around $20, largely I assume because the expansion will be shipped on the 16th.

As for your playing one game or another, there were similar issues back in the hey day of EverQuest, especially with the release of Shadows of Luclin. Basically, one day Windows 95 users were running the game fine, the next they couldn't do anything. Why? Because the patch changed the way the game worked on a fundemental level. Their rendering engine, etc changed. And the new one didn't support 95 and had some other issues.

So that's probably the issue, WarRock I haven't messed with. But based on my experience, I would say it's probably an issue with the engine the game is built on not jiving with your system or operating system. Whereas WoW, despite it's minimum requirements, will actually run on even lesser systems (like my old Dell Laptop, or my wife's eMachines desktop) won't run as good as my desktop by any stretch, but with settings cranked down, it'll function.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

+1rep for Blizzard then. Dangit, I love the game but I just don't have any money to spend right now. ><

I just got a kitty cat too! grr! lol

I think I'll buy a new heatsink for my computer before I buy something video game related. At least then I would have my rig back. ...actually, if I did that I would be able to play WarRock again! HAHA!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

ATX Mental Case The Great Destroyer's Avatar

man, i want to play, but im one of those level ranges where its a PITA to level/quest. my 25 troll rogue is fun, but its really hard to do battlegrounds with it because almost everyone on alliance is a twinked out lv 27-29, and all the thousand needles quests are too hard to do by myself, so i have to wait for one of my friends to get on, and everyone that i talk to on TS is already 40+ because they know how to powerlevel and are too busy to help. my subscription runs out later this month, so i dont know if i should activate the game card that i bought, or if i should just wait a while until i get bored with BF2142 and then reactivate my account.
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!

If anyone needs a free 10 day trail of World of Warcraft, then email me at DarthSpawn13@hotmail.com and I will send you the key.

If you are starting World of Warcraft for the first time, it is better to get the trial and level up to 20 before starting your paid subscription. Plus you usually get a free month when you buy the game. Just make sure that you are adding onto the existing trial account and not creating a new one.

Thanks!

Is awesome

The thing about WoW is that the PvP aspect, which many non-hardcore WoWers play FOR, is actually pretty lame.

It was tacked on after the game came out, and you know it. The thing is, is that it could of been so good. So... mighty. So awesome. They were planning on take-overable zones, destroyable cities and the works. Then they were worried that one faction would take over. Wussies.

But whatever. It's a fun game, but levelling got far too tedious for me around level 48. Actually, exactly at level 48. Twice. There was this hump there, and the game started to be a terribly boring and really repetative grind. Then i realized that there was no reason to get to 70, to kill everything, to get decked out and everything because the pvp would also get to be exactly the same after a while and there was no way i played enough to do the same instance over and over and over and over for my sets of armor that would just be useless in the next patch, when the bigger and better stuff comes in.

No, no. WoW was not my game. I wasted a year of my life on that game...

So right now i am waiting for WARHAMMER ONLINE (google it) with SERIOUS PVP ACTION, and am playing on a private server from time to time. wow for free is a beautiful thing, but you didn't hear it from me.

So I liked it, realized it was useless, then quit. Now i wait for the "next big thing"

World of Warcraft Keys useable before September 1, 2007:

WWDNPM-2VG9-G7KG6W-PYXW-FMCD8E
    6VVZRG-EFPD-THPEMN-GWWC-JJ4BRE
    ZY86XH-KR2M-D9JTPN-8PVK-ECXVMK
    YZGBVE-7TRK-JPXZ9H-B88J-ZVWMCG
    TTCCFF-TVHH-ZEPT7H-T2TH-KJXEPR

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

If anyone cares, I'm on the Greymane server on the Horde, names are Krughh and Ryoken, if you're interested. It is a great game though, don't get caught up with levelling and crap, just play to have fun.