Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft 10 Day Trial

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: World of Warcraft 10 Day Trial

That is pretty funny. I can't play WarRock on low but I can play WoW on whatever setting it has decided for my computer? It didn't freeze up once when I was playing it. Does anyone know why that is?

WoW is pretty fun so far in the 2 hours that I have played it, it just seems like a better version of what I usually get bored of in a month. What is there to look forward to as I start advancing levels and exploring more? Is the whole game just beat em up, bash em up? I thought there was more to it than that?

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

There are amazing places to explore cool quests with decent story lines. Instances (dungeons) filled with loot and monsters. There are quiet a lot of quests though go kill 20 so and sos and report back to me but it is fun.

Sometimes I think about wow and I go shouldn't it be boring killing hundereds of creatures. Nah I will just play 10 mins more and that turns into an hour.

Snow you check my post about optimizing WarRock?
    Need a sig

Is there anything like what Runescape has? Like mining, fishing, blah blah blah?

Nope, didnt see it? link?

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

You can choose to have 2 professions: Mining, Skinning, Tailoring, Leather Working, Enchanting, and Herbalism. Then you can have to seconday professions like fishing, first aid, cooking and a few more. Never played Runscape and never will so I can't compare
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

You can learn how to make your stuff and get recpies off drops from monsters and learn how to make some cool stuff.
    Need a sig

Skinning is a good way to make money, I take it everytime I make a new character. It really helps with getting money for mounts, etc. Also, it's important to note Jewelcrafting will be coming out in a couple of weeks with TBC. So, be sure to save all of those gems you find in chests or mining (if you have the profession)
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Wow, that is cool! This game is alot better than... well every other mmorpg. It was getting a bit boring with killing monsters and doing quests, so this is great news. That also cleared up the skinning option which I have never been able to do with dead animals.

Which profession pays the best?

According to my brother, Enchanting pays the best eventually.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

haha, it's just like runescape then! Especially that "eventually" part for enchanting. ><

But it does EVENTUALLY pay off in both what you can enchant for yourself and what you can sell that you enchanted. I'm not entirely sure if I want to spend that much time leveling up my enchanting though. lol That is hard work!

Is there a quicker/easier way to get money fast? Maybe one that also benefits me in more than one way too?

oh no... I'm becoming addicted! Next thing you know, I'll be 320 pounds with massive acne and wearing my "I'm addicted to WarCrack" T-Shirt while eating Taco Bell because I won't be able to afford anything other than the monthly WoW fee. lol

-SnowFire

Honestly, while you're levelling up and grinding, you can't go wrong with the gathering professions. Grab a skinning knife, train Skinning + another skill (Herbalism or Mining if you just want to gather) and go to work. While you're killing, look for beasts that you can skin. And you will occasionally get some herbs on your mini map, or mineral deposits. Just kill your way to them, get the goods and keep going. It gives you an immediate goal, so you aren't just repetitively killing the same creatures in the same spot, over and over again. When your bags are full, go post some auctions. I recomend LootFilter and Auctioneer if you plan on going this route. LootFilter will automatically delete items you don't want, like those pesky animal fangs and claws that aren't worth anything. And Auctioneer will remember the bid and buyout you post for a particular item. It even calculates accurately for incomplete stacks. Say, you're charging 2g for a full stack of Rugged Leather, you put all your rugged in AH, and then have a half stack left over. It'll automatically put 1g up for the buyout for you, etc. Those 2 will save you a lot of time and help you get your money up while you level.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::