Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What new hardware or gear are you interested in right now?

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default What new hardware or gear are you interested in right now?

Have you seen a new motherboard that you are dieing to have? Is there a new CPU cooler you find interesting? Maybe you have heard rumors of a new case coming out on the market soon. If you have then this is the thread for you to post it.

Post all the new gear that has you excited.

Default Re: What new hardware or gear are you interested in right now?

DFI Hybrid board!!!

Also, the Tt Expressar system-I wanna see if it's what it's cracked up to be....
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I'd like a new i7 rig, a waterblock for my 3870x2 and a bigger rad to handle it all

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Core i5, i7 and i9 processors.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Well...lets see, I'm looking forward to:

-the AMD HD5870 1GB because the performance of that card is pretty much all you'll ever need.

-the first Lucid Hydra-equipped motherboards (such as the MSI Big-bang), so that I can combine the performance of my HD4890 with one of those HD5870s

Theres probably more, but I'll have to edit this later. :p

-Indybird

The only thing I want right now is an SSD. Only thing...
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

SSDs are the single best upgrade I've ever had.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Exactly why I want one my friend. I have heard that form too many people; I wonder if I will ever save up to buy one.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I want an SSD too - and I want to put it in my Media Centre.... I know the gaming rig would benefit but I've been gradually replacing the parts in the Media Centre - each time replacing the noisiest bit with the quietest bit that'll do the job - Hard disk is now the noisiest bit so.... lol

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    -the AMD HD5870 1GB because the performance of that card is pretty much all you'll ever need.
    Heheh, how many times have I heard that before.

I gotta say, there's not a whole lot I'm really excited about coming out soon. I mean, yeah, the AMD HD5xxx line will be awesome, and I'm interested to see ATI's new desktop offerings...plus it'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the first GTX3xx to spontaneously combust

Not a whole lot of it is gonna affect me though. I think I'm pretty well set for the next year or two; the only thing I might buy for my main rig is another Vertex, and of course, more monitors. Then there's always more HDDs for my fileserver, but I've locked myself into 1.5TB drives, so really the only thing that'll be helpful there is prices dropping.