Thread: Malware on TBCS?

Default Malware on TBCS?

TBCS forum homepage

Symantec detects Trojan.Malscript!html (Severe threat) and denies all access to the site
    Avast Free Antivirus warns that HTML:RedirME-inf[Trj] and reloads the site in Avast SafeZone Browser
    Kaspersky reports Exploit: HTML/IframeRef.Q was Successfully Blocked

Three computers (Win7x64, Win8.1, Arch) with several browsers (all have Chrome, one IExplorer, one TOR-Firefox). All clean, updated, and secured (and, in fact, isolated from each other). I've tried clearing histories, caches, etc. But these web malware warnings keep persisting. On TBCS (and, ahem, a pirate bay) and nowhere else.

Is this TBCS site hacked or infected?
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Default Re: Malware on TBCS?

I do not see any warnings from our site from any of those programs, but I do know there are crash related issues going on.

Is it time to revamp the site and harden the security?

If there is anything I can help with let me know.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues. I am unable to recreate it here as well.

Curtis

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

No issues with Firefox 49.0.2 and McAfee 8.8.0 for me. That being said, it is McAfee so take it with a grain of salt.
    TheMainMan

Still getting big beep beep "Threat Has Been Detected!" warnings from Avast here.

I'm thinking perhaps it has nothing to do with the site content - it's probably about the site being Avast-blacklisted, Avast seems to believe this site was infected before, and all the offline/downtime probably didn't help. Reporting false positives hasn't helped. On multiple machines.

(I recall a few times I attempted to visit TBCS and, because the site was down, was sent to the usual sites offering to sell me the domain name, lol.)

This screenshot from a coworker's laptop (which I haven't otherwise touched in any way, so doubtful it's something caused by "my" quirks and configurations.)

I access this site from about 5 different computers and have never seen any warnings from avast or other programs. I do not run McAfee, so can't help with that one.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Just came in here to see what was up and I get no warnings either. I'm running Avast.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

I don't get it. My Symantec and Kaspersky machines (now) seem happy with this site. My Avast machine does not. Nor does my coworker's Avast machine. Could it be a regional thing?

Could be a rogue ad on the network? I've been in several times this week and see nothing to worry about.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin