Thread: Trouble With Live Nation's Interactive Map

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Trouble With Live Nation's Interactive Map

I am planning to purchase tickets to a concert via Live Nation, using their interactive map, in which a customer may select a specific seat for which to purchase a ticket, but that map is not working. Whenever I attempt to access the map, I receive an error message that reads "the map is acting up, let us find tickets for you," which is very annoying, because I like being able to choose my specific seat.

I have already been to no less than twelve concerts in the past several years, and I used the interactive map on Live Nation's website to purchase tickets for all of those concerts and encountered no problems in doing so, so I do not understand why there is a problem with it now. I sought assistance from Live Nation's website, and it stated that I needed to have the newest version of Adobe Flash player, which I installed, and the map still would not work. I then restarted FireFox (my default browser) in safe mode, and even used Internet Explorer, but neither of those worked, either, so it seems that the problem is with the website itself, not with my computer.

What does everyone else here say about this subject? Is there anything that I can do, or do I need to wait until the issue with Live Nation's website is resolved?
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: Trouble With Live Nation's Interactive Map

I tried it for a couple of different venues (shoreline and SAP) and it works. Maybe the specific venue map is having issues.

What concert are you trying to book?
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    I tried it for a couple of different venues (shoreline and SAP) and it works. Maybe the specific venue map is having issues.

What concert are you trying to book?
    I am seeking tickets for the Deep Purple/Alice Cooper concert on August 27, and I just checked the website, again, and the map seems to be working, now, so its malfunction earlier must have been a random fluke.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Wow, I never would have thought Deep Purple was still touring. Probably one of the first ten or so albums I ever bought and I still have it.
    When I was in Jr. High School, several of the _privileged_ kids took over the PA system and played School's Out For Summer a couple of days before the summer break. The whole school went nuts and emptied into the hallways. Several of the kids got suspended for that episode and I know two of them actually got the paddle...

Fun times!

EDIT: I also see The Edgar Winter Band is playing. I've seen them a couple of times and they were definitely worth the ticket price. Great show!

EDIT again: Closest they come to me is Los Angeles... Bummer. Looks like they are very popular in Germany and France.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Wow, I never would have thought Deep Purple was still touring. Probably one of the first ten or so albums I ever bought and I still have it.
    When I was in Jr. High School, several of the _privileged_ kids took over the PA system and played School's Out For Summer a couple of days before the summer break. The whole school went nuts and emptied into the hallways. Several of the kids got suspended for that episode and I know two of them actually got the paddle...

Fun times!

EDIT: I also see The Edgar Winter Band is playing. I've seen them a couple of times and they were definitely worth the ticket price. Great show!

EDIT again: Closest they come to me is Los Angeles... Bummer. Looks like they are very popular in Germany and France.
    That is a very cool story; while I have a number of enjoyable memories from my high school, nothing as awesome as that ever occurred.

I have already seen Alice Cooper live, twice, but he is so awesome that I shall never tire of seeing him live. I have never seen Deep Purple live, so I wish to take this opportunity while I still can (while they are still active). I am not as familiar with Edgar Winter as I am with the other two, but his band is still very awesome, as well.

Iron Maiden shall also be playing in my area in July, so I plan to go to that concert, as well, although it seems that the interactive map is not available for that concert, unfortunately.