Thread: Cannot Set Firefox as Default Program for Image Files

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Cannot Set Firefox as Default Program for Image Files

I recently upgraded from the 32-bit version of Mozilla Firefox to the 64-buit version, and now Firefox is no longer the default program for opening image files, nor will Windows allow me to set it as the default program. When I right-click on an image file and select "open with," the "choose default program" window appears, and I then select Firefox, but it does not work; the icon will not appear as a potential program, which is very odd. Even more unusual is that I can still open images in Firefox by opening the file from within the program, but not from outside of it.

Does anyone here have any insight into this situation? it is very frustrating, so I hope to find a solution to it, soon. Thank you very much.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Re: Cannot Set Firefox as Default Program for Image Files

I actually restarted my computer, and I was then able to set Firefox as the default program for image files; I am not certain what caused the problem, but it now is solved.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin