Thread: Cannot Follow Hyperlink Through Microsoft Office

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Cannot Follow Hyperlink Through Microsoft Office

Having recently switched to a new computer, I have noticed that, when I attempt to follow an e-mail address or other hyperlink through Microsoft Word, Outlook or other office (Office 2010, to be specific) programs, there is an error message which reads "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer; please contact your system administrator." This problem did not occur on my previous computer, nor any other computer that I have used, so what may be the cause of this problem? Thank you very much.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: Cannot Follow Hyperlink Through Microsoft Office

I guess the first questions are:
    What version of Windows are you running?
    What version of Office are you running?
    What is your default browser? IE, Chrome, Firefox.

Is the account on your new machine an Administrator account?

It's most likely a setting that pertains to your browser rather than Outlook, which makes it confusing. With all of the anti malware patches that browsers are implementing, it does make it a bit harder to track down the culprit.

Microsoft does have a fix it patch you can download if you are running Windows 7 or previous. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ing-in-outlook

Hope this helps

Curtis

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    I guess the first questions are:
    What version of Windows are you running?
    What version of Office are you running?
    What is your default browser? IE, Chrome, Firefox.

Is the account on your new machine an Administrator account?

It's most likely a setting that pertains to your browser rather than Outlook, which makes it confusing. With all of the anti malware patches that browsers are implementing, it does make it a bit harder to track down the culprit.
    My computer is running Windows 7, 64-bit edition, my default browser is Mozilla Firefox, and I am the administrator, since I installed Windows on it.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

This might help you then...

https://www.slipstick.com/problems/t...rictions/#reg2

Good luck!