Thread: Sound Card Not Functioning

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Sound Card Not Functioning

I have a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty sound card in my computer, and it has functioned perfectly until today, when it abruptly stopped working for no apparent reason. The device still appears under my computer's device manager, but it simply shall not produce any sound and the console software for it will not launch, saying that "There are no supported audio devices available."

I do not like this, at all, because I listen to music and watch movies very frequently on my computer, and thus, a high-quality sound card is an absolutely necessity for me. Can anyone here offer me any advice on this situation? I would greatly appreciate any assistance that you can offer.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: Sound Card Not Functioning

I just fixed the problem by re-installing the device software; my sound card once again is functioning perfectly, so I no longer require any assistance from the other users here. You may simply disregard this message.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Check for malware if you didn't change/update/install hardware or drivers just before your audio drivers failed. It's probably just a Windows glitch, but it could be something evil embedding itself deep in the OS, doesn't hurt to scan.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Rather than starting a new thread, I have decided to revive this thread.

My current computer has a Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card, and that, also, abruptly stopped working, earlier today, for no apparent reason. I could open the software control panel for it, but, when I attempt to play a test tone, I received an error message that read "failed to play test tone." I went to Creative's official site and reinstalled the drivers and software, but the issue was not resolved.

For the moment, I switched my speakers to the motherboard's own output, which works, but I wish to have the my sound card fully functioning again, as soon as possible, since I listen to music on my computer very frequently. Does anyone have any feedback about this? Thank you very much.

As a further update, I uninstalled the software and drivers for my sound card, and then reinstalled them, and it worked, for only several minutes, and then abruptly stopped working again for no reason, so what is happening with my sound card?

EDIT: at the moment, my sound card seems to be fully functional, again, but I shall be very wary in the future, and this incident has been very frustrating, to say the least.