Thread: Why Did Microsoft Abandon Aero for Metro?

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Why Did Microsoft Abandon Aero for Metro?

I am very fond of the aero system theme that Microsoft introduced in Windows Vista and continued in Windows 7, so I am very displeased that Microsoft abandoned it in favor of the metro theme in Windows 8 and 10; aero looked so beautiful with its clear glass and shiny finish, while metro looks so flat and dull with its solid colors.

What does everyone else say about this? Why did Microsoft abandon aero for metro, and will aero ever return?
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: Why Did Microsoft Abandon Aero for Metro?

From what I understand Aero was a resource nightmare and caused alot of headache when it came to compatibility of applications. The "Metro" interface is much more streamlined, less resource intensive, and I guess more "modern". I liked Aero too, but I must say I have not missed the "Aero is not responding" or "Your system has defaulted to the basic display settings" when running graphic intensive applications.

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Re: Why Did Microsoft Abandon Aero for Metro?

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    From what I understand Aero was a resource nightmare and caused alot of headache when it came to compatibility of applications. The "Metro" interface is much more streamlined, less resource intensive, and I guess more "modern". I liked Aero too, but I must say I have not missed the "Aero is not responding" or "Your system has defaulted to the basic display settings" when running graphic intensive applications.
    Given how advanced computers are, today (specifically, how powerful CPU's and GPU's are). how much resources could Aero possibly consume? How likely is it that Microsoft may ever bring it back?
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin