Thread: What Do You Do if Your Motherboard Does Not Have Enough Fan Connectors?

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default What Do You Do if Your Motherboard Does Not Have Enough Fan Connectors?

Most motherboards have a sufficient number of fan connectors for every fan in an average case, but some cases have more fans than a motherboard may have fan connectors (for example, my current computer is within a Cooler Master HAF XM case, which has front, rear, side, and two top fans, but I was thankfully able to find a motherboard with a connector for each fan, as well as one for the CPU cooler), so, I am wondering: what does a person do if their computer's case has more fans than their motherboard has fan connectors? Are there duplicators that allow two fans to be connected to the same connector?
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: What Do You Do if Your Motherboard Does Not Have Enough Fan Connectors?

There are several options. Some power supplies have fan connectors in the bundle. There are standalone fan controllers as well. There are also fan hubs that allow you to connect multiple fans to a single connector, but make sure that it has its own power so that it doesn't draw to much from the motherboard and fry the output.

Fan Hubs on Amazon...
    https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_6b1qsae986_e

Here are some fan controllers and a few fan hubs sprinkled in on an amazon search...
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...+controller+pc

Hope this helps.

Curtis