Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predator Mod Complete Tripod Pictures! ENJOY!

Default Predator Mod Complete Tripod Pictures! ENJOY!

Well everyone it is complete. I have reached that point where i am content and very happy with what i have created. What you are looking at is what i call the "Predatron" mod.

http://www.boxgods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=421

Default Re: Predator Mod Complete Tripod Pictures! ENJOY!

that mod is f****** sweet man i wish mine would look somthing like that can you tell me what size pipes you are using

Rankenphile

hawtness.

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

Thats one of the best looking mods i have seen here so far, it looks amazing man. Nice work.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Wow

The smoke effect is kind of cool with the laser beem.

What i really like something that know one seems to have noticed I think he has installed a side window in his PSU. Now that is a cool idea. If they can see in side my case why not in my PSU case as well.

Also it's interesting how you have lit the case vervy sublty witht the small what appears to be a reading light with a green filter rather than just having blaring green chatodes.

Also you decided to comprimise on HHD space and use a 74Gig WD Raptor HD. You can get them in 150gb. Personally I would have gone with one of those and a cheap 200gb HDD harddisk. Also I heard the raptors have a shorter life span then there slower cousins. (I thought I would be a little bit objective as people are showering praise on you.) Do you notice any difference in having a 10,000rpm HDD over a normal 7,200rpm Hard Disk?

The one thing that made me stop and mouth the words "wow" was the Ipod holder. its not a dock is it? or is it just an ipod holder because if it was a dock now that would be cool.

Overall the theme of the case is very nice with lots of pretty side grils and the very complicated but well pulled of window. Also the hours of cutting and sanding it must have taken to the profile of the preadtor head on the side of the case is astounding.

Also the LCD moniotr on the front which reports on your CPU is a nice touch.

All and all a very nice case.

Oh and btw what the orignal case?
    Need a sig

Awesome.

I love the iPod holder. That is just plain sweet.

The whole thing is amazing, great job.

Don't worry i can handle constructive comments. I can not take credit for the PSU though. That is just an Ultra X-Connect that i knew would work great with the case. The subtle light is a Hyperlight with a piece of acrylic i cut to fit over it. The iPod holder is not quite a dock, but i can run a cable to it and load new songs into it etc. i guess that is kind of dock like? The original case is a Kingwin 424-BK

Razors Edge

Great mod man, Do you think you can give me directions on making the Ipod holder? I'm pretty sure I can creat a dock for that, I just want the slide.

Sure man. The breakdown of the ipod holder isn't that hard. I gutted an old CD burner drive. Cut the dimension i wanted in the top. Tacked on two 90degree angle pieces in the front. I did that so i could have a surface for the front stealthed plate to make contact with. Because you lose a lot when pulling the plastic front off the drive. Tossed in some foam and covered the drive with carbon fiber material. Hit it with some primer, and then some metallic paint. You can run a wire straight to the back of it using. the ipod cable.

excellent mod. I love the plasmacaster lighting .