Thread: X470i Boot OLEDs not lighting up

Default X470i Boot OLEDs not lighting up

Hey guys been a long time since I’ve been on but I need some help.
    I’ve built a new computer but I’ve been getting no signal from it. The motherboard has power (orange light near gpu). All of the fans spin and the Strix ROG leds work. But I have no lights for the onboard
    troubleshooting. Shouldn’t there be white OLEDs indicating that the VGA and DRAM are working correctly? To clarify there are no LEDs lit In this spot.
    No white
    No amber
    No red

Please help me figure this out.
    Despite your intelligence, you’ll make a perfect soldier. Save the good ones for Harvard, and send the rest to die.

Default Re: X470i Boot OLEDs not lighting up

I had the same problem with my STRIX Z370i. After re-seating everything, swapping RAM around, and various other thing, I tried a NZXT PSU that I had pulled from another machine. It fired right up after that. I really didn't think it was the power supply because I was getting lights, etc etc. The PSU was brand new out of the box, so I sent it back for an exchange. When the new replacement came in, I swapped it back in and everything has been flawless since.

Hope this helps.

Default Re: X470i Boot OLEDs not lighting up

There was some thermal past on my cpu. Cleaned thoroughly with alcohol and it started right up.
    Despite your intelligence, you’ll make a perfect soldier. Save the good ones for Harvard, and send the rest to die.