Thread: Project PC In Disguise

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

Default Re: Project PC In Disguise

gotta make it look like a semi

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

Overclocked

Lol I like the small cube, well rectangular, shape it is so I'm going to keep it like that. If you take a look at the picture of Optimus Prime, take a look at the cubes he has for shoulders. That's what I'm basing the design scheme off of. I'm a major nub when it comes to sketches so I might just do some quick concept crap in MSPaint, just to give readers a better understanding of what transformations I have in mind. (No pun intended......What, nvm, pun intended)

Fresh Paint

Hello. You'll never guess who it is. I think your Transformer Mod is going to be really great and if you ever need help on i would be glad to do so. I am behind you on this project so good luck!

Overclocked

Haha, I know all too well who that is. Thank you very much, I probably will need your help some time. BTW everyone, sorry for not having many updates/progress reports, I was cutting a plastic baseball helmet with an old rusty saw (which totally isn't the right tool to use) and, well, you guessed it, the helmet moved and I cut through my thumb; so unfortunately, not much progress has been made. So far! DUN DUN DUN. Lol, I'm out.

Overclocked

BTW, here's that helmet I was talkin about, BEFORE I started cutting it. My next progress report will show what I've done to it in terms of cutting.

As well now my thumb is healed (almost) and I'm using proper equipment .

Overclocked

Wow, I actually cut the helmet. I'm surprised I haven't quit and started something else by now like most people that were reading this thread/log lol. Anyways here are some pics of what I cut.

I plan on cutting and attaching the ear pieces that were cut off back on to the helmet, but I can assure you it will look a little better than this.

I just quit my job, so I should have a little more time before school starts to get some work done. I bought some Plaster Paris stuff to help mould everything together, so once I see if that stuff will do the trick, then we'll go from there. Until then, I'm out.

Overclocked

Well I'm sure lots, if not most of you have started wondering what the hell this case is going to look like by the end of the project. Well here's some real quick concept art on what I hope the case will transform into, except, well.... better. BTW, this concept art isn't for the faint of heart, seeing as though I am an MSPaint pro.

This is what the case currently looks like.

And this is a slightly less realistic concept of what the case should look like after the project is done. For the smoke stacks at the back, I plan on putting a light tube inside of each so then light will come out of the holes. If you notice, there is an elevation change (*look at the sides of the top window*); I think you all know what that means.... a sh**load of putty!

Here is a closeup view of the front when Optimus' face isn't sitting on the front. I moved the drives to the bottom of the case by cutting holes at the bottom and replaced the drive bay slots with an lcd screen. Also there is no more temperature gauge or power button. The power button will be located on Optimus' forehead, however, I have no idea where the temp. reader will go (*taking suggestions/ideas/opinions*).

Anyways, I'm going for supper then working on the case, will try to have more progress reports shortly. Until then, I'm out.

Overclocked

Once again, I'm looking for ideas and opinions/suggestions on my project (*especially with what to do with the temp. gauge*), and just any kind of feedback as to what you like or dislike. So post away lol. Until then, I'm out.

Overclocked

Hey guys, 'tis me again. I just came to the conclusion that do I really need that little gauge? I mean if I have an lcd screen on the comp why can't I just display temp from there lol? Sorry about this pointless and retarded post, I'm just waiting for my test rig (*an old school Windows 3.1 machine*) to dry, so I can see how this plaster paris stuff works and to see if it would be worth using. I'll have more details including some pics of Optimus' helmet with stuff attached to it. Until then, I'm out. Oh one more thing, I need looking for lcd screens that can fit into two drive bays, so if you guys could send me links for them and such, that would be great. Thanks a lot.

Overclocked

Well, that Plaster Paris stuff that I had bought ended up being total crap. I touched it and it shattered. Oh well. Good news is that I actually did find that Bondo stuff that everyone was talking about. Of course no one ever told me that Bondo was the name of the company and not the specific product, OR that it's an automotive product. No wonder no one at Home Depot knew what I was talking about. I find it really hard to work with because instead of just the regular putty, I am using this Bondo-hair stuff where it's like strands of fiberglass. Whatever, it seems to be working; although I think I'm going to need A LOT more than what I had purchased for 20 bucks Canadian. I'll have some pics of the helmet with some of the Bondo on it in just a moment. Until then, I'm out.