Thread: how do you all promote?

Default how do you all promote?

I'm at a point with a site of mine that i really want to start promoting it. i wont put the name of the site because i dont want this to be taken as a plug. i just wanted to know what some of you have done in the past to promote your sites? right now i'm averaging about 20 unique visits a day and i know thats not to much at all, i'd really like to generate some highend traffic, so how have all of you promoted your sites in the past?

Case Wizard

Default Re: how do you all promote?

Quote Originally Posted by faceless105
    i wont put the name of the site because i dont want this to be taken as a plug.
    Isn't that the name and the link to your site in your signature? :p

lol yeah it is, but thats an innocent plug, i really wanted to avoid something like...

"check out this site!!!! blah blah blah it's the shiz!!!!"

lol you get the point, i'm really looking more for suggestions then me just placing a quick promo.

I could host it for you [/shameless plug].. but I've never promoted one.

Well word of mouth it seems is how most things grow on the forums, at least the forums I frequent. If there is something catchy about it (PICS OF INSANE MODs) or Information, something that makes others go "WOW you need to check out this site".

user friendly I would think to be another biggie for a site.

well it's been growing slowly through word of mouth and i do try to make it th ebest site out there of course. Every chance i get i tweak all the little things in it and fix the little bugs. i just wanted to know if anyone else had any other strategies.

Case Wizard

1) one of your projects only post one Pic on other forums and give a link to the main project on yours.

2) get it added to all of the search engines

i'm actually listed in google, if you type fusion mods you get my site, but i'm not sure how to set the description, they seem to ignore keywords from meta tags