Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So whats so great about Black Ice??

MitaPi

Default So whats so great about Black Ice??

So all my friends are practically begging me to buy a "Black Ice" radiator for my h20 kit.... are they supposed to be really good or something? I ahve heard of them but I have never really looked into them. I have decided to try and go all danger den.. but I really want a rad that I can mount to my back 120mm area... can you do that with a black ice rad? Or is that only thermaltake that does that?

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: So whats so great about Black Ice??

personally, i dont think black ice radiators are anything to rave about. they're painted black for one thing, and that decreases thermal efficiency. the design may be a little better than the average radiator... but you can only do so much within a given size short of a radical interior design that is completely a waste of money to mass produce.

the radiators to rave about are the home made ones. some people know what they're doing, and its usually them who try things like that. a fabricator/machinist with a little physics and chemistry knowledge can be quite a useful person to know or be.

on a side note, i saw a waterblock the other day that blew me away. honestly i dont remember where i saw it or what it was called, but it had a peltier in it, and it worked amazingly well. at idle it kept the cpu below freezing, and under load i think it maxed out at 10 degrees. ill see if i can find a link, because that would seem like a waterblock worth having.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

MitaPi

Lol that sounds worth having.. unless of course you cant afford it

So I am just going to go with the thermaltake 120mm mount rad... at least then my rad and my cpu will match right?

Dude...totally!

ive seen water blocks with peltiers build in, i think i saw it at either coolerguys.com or frozencpu.com

Definately see if i can get me one of those!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Case Wizard

If you don't want to replace your current waterblocks, you can buy a peltier and add it to your existing block. I know that FrozenCPU sells them for sure.

Swiftech sells some waterblocks with peltiers already installed if you don't want to install them yourself.

Life is like an analogy...

swiftech... that might have been the brand. it rings a bell, but its been too long for me to remember now. i have a selective memory that goes back three days at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

I was thinking last night about adding peltiers to the reservoir or to the rad to help cool it off..

..coincidence?

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Case Wizard

I never heard of anyone adding it to the reservoir or the radiator. How will that work? Because you would need to find some way to cool the hot side of the peltier.

MitaPi

Ok ok... I had a dream last night. I JUST got my water cooling system and I installed it right? i know i know.. I'm a huge damm geek . But anyways, I just installed it and I checked my thermal status on the front of my computer and it said it was negative a billion degrees! The wierd thing was that I dont remember seeing any numbers.. but just saying it was a billion degrees and dancing around my house and yelling at my family that I was a genius and that I was going to be famous and stuff.

Now if that didnt make you laugh you have something seriously wrong with you. lol that or you are as normal as normal is.

I'm still waiting for the tbcs.com dream