Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Banzai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

Default Re: Banzai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool1Net6
    Very very nice. That extended window was the accent that really pulled it together. I was thinking why didnt you make that large, red circle a grill or a fan intake/exhaust hole? It seems so empty having nothing in the circle.

-Cool-
    i looked at doing that at first and it was the plan really but as it is an acctual flag i figured i would just leave it be. also there was an issue with the measurements on where it would be bolted on and not show wierd bolts where i didnt want any. it would probably help with the cooling though
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe
    um.. yah.
    http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/
    http://www.maximumpc.com/
    http://www.pcmag.com/

I know there are more .. these are just the ones I have seen in these forums.
    very cool. i will seriously think about makeing a mouse to go with this. dont know how it will turn out but we will see i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Cevinzol
    That's a unique mod, bold, yet understated.
    It has a refined elegance.
    I love it
    glad you like it dude. its good to see that its relitive simplicity is what makes it look so good

ATX Mental Case

You don't fancy doing a quick guide on how to make the roof/side like that? It looks like the rays of the sun are wrapped round the edge of the plexi. I'd like to know how the side connects into the roof as well. Nicely executed mod.
    m4gnum.com/tardis/ - Doctor Who inspired case

well that bent kind of look was what i was aiming for. doing the top of it like that has its hang ups. the first major one that you have to look at is the ammount of space between your psu and the top of the case. if there is no space then there is no way you can do the whole thing. if there is space you have to make sure you get the right thickness of plex or your going to run into trouble. the seccond thing is figureing out if you want to keep the rails that the side panel usually clips into. in this case i chose not to keep them in tact so they got butchered like everythng else. if you go that route you will need to find an alternate way of seccuring the side panel. i chose strong magnets. at the top of the case they are far enough away that they wont harm the hard drive. just remember not to lay any diskettes on top of your pc after. nothing like redoing your thesis because you magitised the disk all your work was on... the next tricky thing is a little hard to explain but bare with me. there is a little lip where the rail and the part of the top curves downward. you have to bevel your plex so that it will fit in there really well. i used a metal file for this. and the last part is not so bad wich is just putting the case togeather and drawing your design all over it in effect makeing sure its all going to line up because you drew it all at the same time.
    once your done doing that you will remember that you should have sanded the paint off first and then drew your design. ha ha.. i have not done this... no really i didnt... ok you got me..

Anodized

this is bad aise
    i ove the coloration wow
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." --Han Solo--
    Star Wars IV:A New Hope

sorry, not a super clear message, the typhoon fan is fine, and yes they are awesome, have one myself on one of my systems.
    only thing to keep an eye on, is if your house builds up a fair bit of dust (and your system isn't filtered) would be to check that the top of the heatsink isnt blocking up (pulled a thing carpet of dust off of the top of mine after a few months unfiltered side off of the case) even with dust it cools fairly well, but I doubt that would be a big typhoon specific problem.
    By sideways I meant that if it wer not a stock fan you would have had a choice as to which angle you reattached it, which if it is a totally stock system you didn't have a choice as to how it was attached.
    did I mention I really like this mod

glad you guys love it.

for the typhoon. ya my room mate has a cat. this cat does nothing but produce extra hair to shed into my systems. i mean it eats sleeps and rubs off hair thats about it. so ya i think that dust clogging issue is not even a posability for me, its a fact. some times my other systems filters get soooo nasty coverd in stuff.... shudder.. anyhow i do have other fans that i belive will fit over that monster heatsink that acctually seem to displace more air. but they dont have the nice colored blades like the stock one and it seems to be doing a good enough job as it is.

im really impressed by the response to this mod. i never expected that someone would ask me how much i want for it or to get a suggestion that it could be in a magazine. thats crazy. i really appreciate all your comments guys. guess thats what i get for putting it up in the idea zone and getting not only my own creative input but of other modders like you. so i think i would have to say that the coolest feature of this mod was that it was done in part because of this forum, not just as something to do on my own and see if ya like it. there is a real sense of community here and im glad that we all give helpfull suggestions that could make a seemingly normal mod into a great one

ATX Mental Case

That case mod is amazing, very well built aswell just need to tidy up the wiring a bit, awesome job though Cannibal23 keep up the great work.

your right of course custom. there is a touch of a wireing mess. its mostly from the power supply really. way too many extra leads. dont really want to give them the chop as i will likely use them in the future. any good tips for hideing them ?