Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: KNS-01 19-AUG

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Re: Project: KNS-01 19-AUG

Wow what a cool shape. This is a peice of amazing work keep it up. I love your spider pattern with the LED's
    Need a sig

Thanks.

I'll try to post some updates between today and tomorrow, maximum.

I'm doing some different task in the mod, so i don't have a really big update by the moment.

This is the HDs module. I reconstructed the side with ALU plates leaving only the holes to screw the HDs. I glued they with araldit, and sanded the cage. Then i applied a layer of car filler to smotth the surface and fill the small gaps. That piece is not the most important, though. But take time to finish it.

The LAN is the 09/15... Less than a month. Time to speed up the work a little.

Ahhhh And the bag, of course. The bag is almost a parallel project and my girl is making an impressive job.

That blue foam of 10mm thick is the shock-absorber material. Mmm... maybe it will be a nice pillow in the party nights haha

With the foam inside the bag stands up.

She is making also some nice military/adventure style pockets. Cables, CDs, mouse and others will fill they.

More soon.

Sorry again for the lack of updates, but i`ve been busy trying to get a lot of work done. I have the LAN in few days so i have to work in the case a lot with virtually no time to post regular updates.

But while the paint is drying...

The awensome bag is done. My girl has done a wonderful job with it.

Making special pockets on the bag cover for pen and ID card.

The cover fixed. Still work to do with the zip. The bag`s solid looks is due the blue foam inside the walls.

Finished cover and bag. You can see the handles added. Is impressive. It has 2 of those big pockets for wires, tools and others.

Lot of space there. Oh BTW you can see the DVD new tray painted, inside.

The front of the bag. The tab hides the zip closers and maybe a lock.

I have to give a lot of thanks to my girl for that bag. Mmmm.. maybe a new pair of shoes...

More pics...

The Watercooling system is plain symple and you have seen it in the previous posts. But i want to improve it a little and i did the pump mod, like Coolmiester has done many times.

Here are my pump, dissasembled and the elbow to sacrifice. The barbs of the elbow are bigger thn the original ones in the pump.

Hole done and elbow barbs cutted.

All together with lots of araldit epoxy.

Testing the pump with a happy end of no leaks. There was another reason to make the mod: Hose routing. In that way is easy to lead hoses thru the case.

The Black Ice with half done fixings.

Complete pieces. I pop-riveted diferent AUL profiles together. The long parts are 2 8x8mm square alu profiles while the short ones are 2 2x10mm Alu plates. In the edges, 90 degrees steel L mounting plates.

The rad in position. The advantage of that suppor system is that you could mount the rad in 4 different ways, depending of your cooling and computer system. The disavantage is that i can`t use the 38mm fan, and must use a standar 25mm fan.

I`ve found this piece in a IKEA set... as usual I want yo put something in the oposite side to the rad mount, simply to fill the, by the moment, unused space, but it finished better.

Plate riveted to the case. In that moment i was thinking in how to use the plate... and the idea came to me.

New PSU location. It improves the cooling, the wire managing and the looking of the case... More of this to come.

Last pics for today...

The case black painted. Despite there aren`t too much paint jobs on this mod, the paint is always the slower parts, because the drying times. I`ve painted some parts to give to the project a uniform finishing between the diferent materials.

Those are plastic handles, for decorative purpouses only. The were part of an "Old styled phone" so they aren`t for heavy weight things. The original silver paint was old so i repainted they black.

The chasis repainted in mat black. This time i`m using Motip paint, instead the usual Duplicolor cans. Like Duplicolor, is also for cars so the finish is gurantee.
    At this stage, no more additions except the mentioned new paint and a the mesh in the 2 vent holes. I cutted the old grill with small holes under the mosfets area. More about the chasis later.

A little teaser about some fresh painted parts more details in the next update. In the upper left corner part of my Blood Angels collection

More updates soon, i promise it.

I'm in the Netzone (Netzonetour.com) LAN Party right now. The case is still half done and left some work on the details and others, but the gear is running fine.

More updates and pics soon.

damn, thats one good lookin case... nice work... *thumbs*

Overclocked

OMG I LOVE THE BAG. its awesome

The bag is the best, i have no doubts

Just some quick mobile phone pics

The PC up and running. Still some work to do.

Backward. The "034" is the security check number. The side is open because it's still unfinished and doesn't has the vent hole for the rad

My girl made me that. It's a LAN "shelter" with fixings and inner pockets to kept the mobile and others. No more lights when sleeping quietly I'll try a better pic later.

Fun for all, no matter if you're a Unicef/Ikea Teddy bear or not