Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: KNS-01 19-AUG

Default Re: Project: KNS-01 19-AUG

Nice... really nice... your case is making mine feel inferior hehez... just kidding... any new mods coming up next?

Thanks.

By the moment, the first thing to do is to finish this mod.

Although i have some ideas on my mind about a new case.

More party pics, taken by the admins:

My rig.

A middle size LAN with 240 people (about 24 chicks included )

No DOOM, Quake, unreal, BOS or CS:s... The mame machine was the star.

Ligths off.

ATX Mental Case

A middle size LAN with 240 people (about 24 chicks included )
    I love the way you counted how many girls were there. haha That last picture is cool.
    m4gnum.com/tardis/ - Doctor Who inspired case

Quote Originally Posted by m4gnum
    I love the way you counted how many girls were there. haha That last picture is cool.
    I not counted they, admins did it by me

After the LAN, more updates:

This is the base of the case. With black vinyl applied in the inside face.

And the outside face with the metallic vinyl. The bubbles in the pic are mainly because under there are holes, so they're not a problem.

That shiny coat is Softmetal sticker. Designed for kitchen decoration (like the frigde) and it is a little hard to bend in close curves. But it easy to apply without bubbles. There are different colors of metal finish.

The base in place. The big platform is for the HD cage. And the small one for the pump. Both have been covered with softmetal vinyl.

The back of the base, in place and without the decoration, for test purpouses. I've put a lot of screws in the case.

Althought the top and the base are made of steel, the sides and other pieces are made of aluminium. That is important becase the case is getting heavy. I've found in the last minute a provider of ALU. Those are some 0,8mm thick plates.

Just a couple of pics of the HD's Bay

This is the final look:

At the first moment, i was decided to put the metal vynil on it, but the look of the paint and the stripes was better.

That little piece has a lot of work.

More to come.

Well, time to resume the work and the worklog.

First of all, one pic more of the HD bay/tray on place.

You can see the details and the locks. The adjust is not perfect so i'm thinking in a solution.

Come back to the chasis works. The case is not finished but some parts like the chasis are completed. You can see most of the chasis in other post. Here some details.

The new I/O port bracket.

I have to make a new bracket for the front ports, since the front was cut when this chasis was part of the Darkwater mod.

In detail. The bracket is fixed with pop-rivets and araldit (for filling some gaps)

The back handle.
    As i mentioned previously. a handle to pull out the case is a nice idea, and when i also realized of the unguarded fan, an idea came to me.

I took a common metal made black handle.

And splitted it in 2 halves.

Then i cutted a short ALU tube and put it together with lots of araldit and one old fan frame, as correct size support while drying.

Once installed i got a handle and a fan guard. You can see other details in this pic, like covers or black screws that i used always it was possible.

New USB ports.
    I want to add more USB ports to the case, so i searched in my room and found one of that common USB2 PCI slot covers. Too much common

I've sleeved the wires, painted it and replaced the original connector with a red one.

There some part purchased to enhance the look (and the perfomance, of course) a little. A pair of gold/copper memory heat spreaders and a new fan in black/red scheme. But i rejected that fan (it's slow) because it's a great fan for case cooling or paired in a 2x120 rad, but with a single 120rad and one fan, more cooling power was needed. Formerly i was using a 120*38mm panaflo fan (huge, fast and loud) but it's too big for the case, so i decided to use a good Classic Enermax fan.

The problem is that i didn't had correct screws to use with the Black Ice and the Enermax (with its uncommom screws holes).

So i did my own screws with M3 threaded rod bars and nuts. That leaves me with another problem. The nuts make a small gap between the fan and the rad. so i have to make something...

More of this to come.

How the HELL did i miss this? This is an incredible mod! I love the style and the colours! It's similar to the style i used in my own mod, though at the same time, something completely unique.

I'm liking the colours, the simplicity, and the design-not to mention the fact that everything i see looks professionally finished. Definately keep up the good work. If there's anywhere that you could improve, it would be the worklog & photos-but to be completly honest, i can see a huge improvement in your last post over the first posts anyway, so i'm being picky.

Great work man-great mod!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Thanks DaveW, your commentas are really much apreciated.

I'll post some pics more this evening.

greets