Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Project: KNS-01 19-AUG

Default Re: Project: KNS-01 19-AUG

Sorry by the delay.... This is another evening

More new pics. This time, the shell.

This is the top of the case. Is like the bottom, but with the DD Fillport and the tinted window. I'm thinking in a red lightning for that window and the case.

This is the (at least by the moment) finished side. The vinyl is amazing, despite my poor skills sticking it.

...And this one is the unfinished. Still left to do the vent hole for the rad. The inner faces are white, but i have a couple of ideas for they. From absorber mats to some decoratives images.

One of the massive hinges. There weren't smaller ones, but they match enought well with the case strong look.

One of the locks of the side covers. They are the same that the pair in the HD bay

Detail of the front with the Imon Inside IR reciever and the name of the case.

That part is made with the original Imon front plate and some pieces of plexy.

The fornt of the case is covered with more vinyl, so after fill the gaps and sand the module (and the rest of the front) i applied the vinyl. A sort of paint to cover well the module... Hairdryer comes handy at this stage.

The back of the case. Simple and good looking.

More things soon.

I was going to make a comment about the case, then i realised i was looking at the back of the case. Last time i saw someone put that much effort into the back of a case was the Doom 3 worklog!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

TY Dave, really.

Clearly we all put a lot of effort on the front, but i think the back is also important, and not only for mod contest.

Viewing the photo, i think it maybe needs a sort of wire managing.

I really enjoy how the window's view is dominated by that lovely waterblock. You were either lucky with board layout or that window was well planned.

Victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With this still half finished case i've won the first prize (A external 250GB Freecom HD, about 143euro) in the the last LAN, Netzone Valdemoro 2K6 (www.netzonetour.com) done the last weekend of October.

The Unicef's teddybear got blood thirsty and joined to the Horde.

My girl did another thing to my LAN stuff. This wonderfull hex cushion, matching with the bag and the case. No more ass pain, after long hours in that unconfortable plastic chairs

Soon i'll post some pics more.

Well, sorry for the long delay.

Some pics of the internals, that i missed in the previous posts:

The painted PSU in place and the power splitter. I bought that thing in my last visit to Japan and is a worthly/useful part. The good point of that side

is that i have room for wires.

A inner view of the pump, HDs Bay and others. There are some wires to clean still , but i'm enought satisfied with this zone organization.

2 pics of the general internals and tubbing. Sorry by the dust, in that stage i was still cutting some pieces. I think that isn't a bad setup.

Go now with the pieces showed in the last LAN party pics.

To better finish the side panels y made 2 lids. They are made of 2mm thick aluminium plates.

As the time between LANs was too short i decided to not paint the new pieces. Instead i covered they with vinyl, with a good result.

This is the new front panel. Better than the old temporal one. I still have to put the buttons. Althought isn't necessary at all, because the Imon Remote controller is useful. And also the space in the PSU side allow me to put some hidden buttons.

I want to redo the sides, maybe they aren't enought good and don't make me happy.

Anyway, sadly (or not), i've decide to put a final point to this post here. Because a bunch a reasons: I have anothers projects started (like KumoNoSu; I haven't forget it) and some ideas in my mind that involve 40K Space Marine Themed systems. And the expected LAN life of this system is about to expire after the next 1 or 2 LANs (The new Modding contest rules of the parties that i use to go, states that the same modded system only can entry twice). After that, i hope this PC became in my main Linux desktop system with Ubuntu or pure Debian. I've began to look for a new system for LANs, a new AM2 i hope. This socket A system is still capable of long hours of fun and work, but it's a little out of day.

Thank you very much to all to by the support, and of course, to my girl by the wonderful goodies that she made. Maybe i'll post some new pics in the future, but not by the moment.

See you soon, in other of my projects, check the forum.