Thread: atx to atx modified layout

ATX Mental Case

Question atx to atx modified layout

How would you go about converting a standard atx chassis to an atx modified layout, or something similar to the layout of a lian-li v1000, v1100 or the (dare i say it) VoodooPC Omen chassis? just wondering if its possible to take any atx case and refit it internally. thanks for your replies.

The SlackMeister

Default Re: atx to atx modified layout

i think what you can do is cut out the entire back of the case and then make a custom back. but i am not sure if its possible.

Water Cooled

cut out the whole motherboard tray with the back panel and flip it. whats the big deal?

ATX Mental Case

could you just drill all the rivets and disassemble the case, leaving the major panels intact, then flip them appropriately, and reassemble?

Water Cooled

it really depends on the case assembly and its hard to tell what you got to do. be creative

FX

The motherboard tray flip is probably the best way I'd do it. If your case doesn't have one, you can pick up motherboard trays, or replacement trays out there easily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ack ack
    could you just drill all the rivets and disassemble the case, leaving the major panels intact, then flip them appropriately, and reassemble?
    What case? most likely flipping the one in the case isnt a viable solution since attaching the new unit will be difficult, however if you want to start fabricating brackets and know your way around some power tools anything is possible, I however would look into either buying a case with that layout or fabricating the entire thing from scratch Vs trying to flip one in a stock case.

ATX Mental Case

was thinking of trying to use a lanboy or similar lightweight case. unfortunately my access to the appropriate power tools is quite limited. I have a dremel ion, but that's about it, and i don't think that that is enough to cut my own brackets. might be a machine shop or something i could contract in my area if I develop the patterns, i guess.