Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project: D3R!V4T!V3, The Carbon Case

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Project: D3R!V4T!V3, The Carbon Case

That is a pretty cool Mod. I like the carbon fiber and window design. Very cool.

-SF

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Wow the carbon fibre looks so space age. I like very much. Is the carbon fibre expesnive?
    Need a sig

Fresh Paint

hehe, Youngblood, I have to stop posting while I'm at work. I was in a big rush and for some reason I thought that you were saying that I posted too many pictures. I'm just so dang happy that I finally get to build myself a new compy that I just have a stupid grin that just won't go away!

Yeah the carbon can be pricey, but if you watch ebay and local shops you can get a good deal. I paid about $30/yd (something like 16 pounds/meter...). It normally around $60/yd. But you really only need 2 layers of carbon to get the look, and then you can use fiberglass or whatever cheap stuff underneath to beef it up a bit. The dude that helped me is going to be making a couple more blanks. We're going to try to sell them on ebay so if you are interested in one of these, I'll let you know when we post it. We're going to make one with a more standard twill weave, and one using a fabric called texialum (I think that's how it's spelled). This is an aluminized glass that is weaved just like CF, but it's silver in color. Looks really nice.

I did get my fans installed this weekend and most of the cables cleaned up. Hopefully I'll get the window and logos in soon. The face won't be done until thanksgiving or so.