Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prices?

Default Re: Prices?

I live conviently 60ft away from a pawn shop. I picked up a dremel for $15. Drill bits are $0.25 each.
    I've never had to buy plexi glass but i allways find it at work and have a big collection of diffrent pieces.

Dont skimp on your paint. Get the $15 can. It'll show its price in the end

You probly wont need any bondo. But if you do, make sure you get the fine stuff. If you get the thick (hole filler) bondo, you'll be sanding it down for days. If you get bondo, pick up a tube of spot putty aswell. Its easier to use spot putty than it is to mix up another batch of bondo.

Some other things you might need/want:
    Sand paper. Lots of diffrent grits.
    Mild Solvent. For cleaning before bondo or paint.
    Hand Files. For cleaning up cuts and holes
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Anodized

60ft? Lucky.

A Dremel for 15$ eh.. is the brand Dremel? Or is it another brand. Cause all the real Dremels I found over here are around 100 euros..

Actually I didn't even find plastic filler or anything that comes close to it.
    Thanks for the tips. I'll keep it in mind when I do find & need it.

There's a lot of sandpaper in the cellar, but not much different grits.
    Mild solvent and hand files, check. I have those as well.

In the meantime I might start clearing the cellar out and prepare some sort of clean workspace. And continue working on my plan.

(I also had my first attempt at modding today. I theme-modded an old mechanical mouse I had lying around. Too bad I don't have the camera around. )

Quote Originally Posted by Jarnauga
    (I also had my first attempt at modding today. I theme-modded an old mechanical mouse I had lying around. Too bad I don't have the camera around. )
    Which brings us to the most expensive part - you'll need at least a high end digital SLR camera to show off your masterpieces.

If you lived over here I would say we should join forces. I'm perfectly able to buy the tools I need but have no good place to use them (although I did get some good suggestions in my other thread).

Anodized

Haha yeah but seeing as there's this quite HUGE ocean in between us.. :p

Well, my dad has this 8 Megapixel camera from his work.. but it's only around the house occasionally...

EDIT:

It seems like I have the gods' favor today. I went to pick up three broken pc's at my mums work. I stripped two of them and was surprised at all the stuff that came out! Like a Pentium II processor, which I had never seen before.. so BIG I now have two identical Compaq tower cases and one desktop case.

Anyway, then we passed the "Brico" (DIY store) and we just bought a Dremel. :omg: Soo today was good.