Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TBCS Desktop Backgrounds

Default TBCS Desktop Backgrounds

Welcome to the TBCS desktop gallery! As you're most likely running a custom setup with a strange resolution, you'll probably find it difficult to find a decent desktop wallpaper. Well, we're a creative bunch here at TBCS, so we've put together some great desktop backgrounds for you and your unique setup.

If you want to leave feedback, then send it to the individual artist-this thread is locked to make browsing easier.

If you want to submit a desktop, then send it to me at warndave@googlemail.com and i'll add it as soon as possible.

A big thank you to everyone who's contributed a desktop; keep up the good work guys!

-Dave

--------------------------------

Here is a copy of the TBCS logo.

-Crimson Sky
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DaveW; 11-14-2007 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Merged to tidy up the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Default Re: TBCS Desktop Backgrounds

Desktops by J-Roc

The very first desktop sent to me, it's a great dual-screen desktop with lots of reds and blacks. The resolution is a whopping 2560*1024, so it will look great on most dual flat panel setups.

A nice and subtle desktop in a smaller 1024*768 resolution, perfect for those running on a smaller monitor-maybe even one installed into your case? You decide!

Offended by my 'smaller monitor' comment on his last wallpaper, J-Roc has send me in a very stylish 1280*1024 wallpaper! What do i have to say to get this guy to make more of these great Desktops?

The lightest desktop so far in terms of color use, this stylish desktop is looks amazing in 1024*768.

A very icon-friendly desktop in 1024*768.

This particular desktop, at 1024*768, reminds me of the computer mainframe in I-Robot.

1280 X 1024 format.

2560X1024 format for you dual monitor types.

1600*1200 format.

1600*1200

Last edited by jdbnsn; 08-19-2008 at 02:10 PM.

Desktops by Indybird

Indybird's sent me the first single monitor desktop below. If you're running a single monitor desktop, get into the spirit of modding with this great PCB background. 1280*1024 Resolution.

He was also kind enough to include a dual screen version of the same desktop, in the huge 2560*1024 Resolution. Enjoy!

After a break, Indybird is back with this double helping! The first here is 1280*960...strange dimensions, but we're modders, we're running strange dimensions.

Another version of the above, this time in 1680*1050. Again, unusual dimensions, unless you're running a wide screen monitor, or some other kind of custom setup.

Last edited by DaveW; 01-12-2007 at 03:51 PM.

Desktops by .Maleficus.

The most interesting desktop i've received yet, this 1280*1024 desktop has great reds and blacks. I love the swirls and levels of complexity.

Another interesting desktop wallpaper in 1280*1024.

Following a trend for red backgrounds, Maleficus has produced a nice desktop for 1024*768 screens.

Last edited by DaveW; 01-12-2007 at 03:40 PM.

Desktops by dgrmkr

The first desktop from our resident 3D expert, this 1280*1024 wallpaper makes me think of acid trips and glam rock.

Another great 1280*1024 wallpaper wallpaper from dgrmkr, this one goes against the norm to bring us something unusual and original.

dgrmkrp always manages to produce something completely original. Is this because he's constantly on acid, or because he uses 3DS Max to produce these gorgeous backgrounds? Who knows. The story behind this massive 1600*1200 image is that he was bored and wanted to let his computer render something while he was out at the Lab. What can i say? All the better for us!

Last edited by DaveW; 01-12-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Desktops by Slug Toy

This mesmerising 1280*1024 background is simple yet eye-catching, with plenty of space for your icons.

This second helping from Slug Toy is a great desktop that, like the first, has plenty of space for all your icons. In 1280*1024 resolution-perfect for that 19" monitor!

Slug Toy went all out for this 1280*1024 dekstop! It's a real cracker that leaves me at a loss for words-just click the pic to see what i'm talking about!

Slug Toy called this 1280*1024 backdrop 'electric honeycombs' when he sent it to me. And that's exactly what it is. It's a subtle background that, on first glance, appears similar to his earlier wallpapers-but when you look closer, you realize there's hidden depths and plenty of attention to detail in there. I recommend taking a look at the full screen version to see what I'm talking about!

Last edited by DaveW; 01-01-2007 at 08:35 AM.

Desktops by Razors Edge

This interesting 1280*1024 background has just been updated with a new logo! Keep up the good work Razors Edge.

Last edited by DaveW; 09-08-2006 at 08:30 AM.

Desktops by ESX

This is the first desktop i've received in a while, and it is classy! I'm running this one on my monitors at home, doubled over at 1280*1024. I've asked ESX for a wide version, and i'm hoping like hell that one is on it's way! Dark and classy, this desktop wouldn't look out of place on a Mac OS either. ESX, i want to see more from you!

Yet another super-stylish desktop from ESX. This is the first one to try out a new style of logo: and it works extremely well. Currently only in 1280*1024, but I'm beggin' for some double widths. Hopefully, we'll be seeing them sometimes soon too! Thanks ESX, keep up the good work.

After sending a few PM's, i've managed to persuade ESX to create this fantastic double width desktop at 2560*1024! It looks sweet on my twin 19"ers. Hoping to see more from this phenomenal artist.

Jumpin' Jack Flash, another great dektop from ESX! This 1280*1024 wallpaper is taking an experimental approach, in that he's one of the first to try for his own logo! Well, we like what we see ESX, so keep them coming!

Last edited by DaveW; 01-01-2007 at 08:23 AM.

Desktops by ScottY

Scotty sent me these 2 widescreen format images a long while back, and my apologies go out to him for taking so long to host them. This was literally months ago. These are ones from his website I suspect, and clicking his name above should take you to his profile, where there's a link. Enjoy these 2 1280*800 images!

I love this 1280*1024 desktop by Scotty. It's simple and creative and looks amazing on your desktop.

I'm really at a loss as to how to describe this: it's got a 60's sort of theme in black and white, and works surprisingly well. It's avaliable for your pleasure at 1280*1024. Enjoy folks!

This is in a plethora of formats.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 08-19-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Desktops by jdbnsn

Last edited by jdbnsn; 08-19-2008 at 02:16 PM.