Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unnamed Project

Default Unnamed Project

Hello all! Today, I will start out my first Worklog for my currently unnamed project.

Introduction
    Well, my first mod is coming to a close (I will post pics. as soon as my parts arrive) and I wanted to start another. So, I did. The origanal case is from an eMachines T2625 or something like that. Anyways, right now, the case really has no theme, and I'm kinda just doing things as I feel necessary. Please note, I currently don't have much money, so buy paint, Dremel bits, and other essential things will take a while. But I will update as much as I can.

Now, on to the pictures!

Started masking...

Ran out of the thick masking tape so I had to finish with thin stuff.

Design... (The purple areas will be cut out)

Had to get rid of those stupid indented vents or whatever they are supposed to be. Where they used to be, mesh (or in my case gutter-guard because it's really cheap) will be going in its place. I am keeping the vertical bars though.

The kincks and scratches in the last picture can easily be fixed, so don't worry about that.

As for paint and everything, I think I will do the outside matte black, the inside matte white (if there is such a thing), the mesh on the panels white (to contrast with the black) and have the windows covered with my white plexi. The other panel for my case is a wrap-around type thing with the top of my case, and I think I want to keep it that way. I will probably cut something on the other side, I just don't know what yet.

Well, later today I will cut out the rest of that panel, sand it, and prime it if I have any primer, so check back for updates soon!

Maleficus
    RIP Bucko

Overclocked

Default Re: Unnamed Project

Looking good so far! Do you have any renders or concept art of what t he finished product might look like?

Update

Did some more cutting, so I'll post the pics.

Finished cutting

Comments, critisism and questions are always welcome!

Maleficus

Edit: I was playing around in SketchUp, but I'm pretty bad at it... I'll try to finish it up and make it look nice, and then I'll post a picture.
    RIP Bucko

Overclocked

Wow, great job cutting. I'm horrible at cutting, mainly because I don't use the right tools but so far that looks great. If I may ask, do you have a theme for this case?

Anodized

Are all of those holes going to have plexi behind them? For the vertical bars maybe you can find a bunch of small quiet fans or something :p

Quote Originally Posted by purdy
    Wow, great job cutting. I'm horrible at cutting, mainly because I don't use the right tools but so far that looks great. If I may ask, do you have a theme for this case?
    Thank you. And right now, no, I don't have a theme. I guess it will just be a black and white case, with hopefully some interesting designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chel
    Are all of those holes going to have plexi behind them? For the vertical bars maybe you can find a bunch of small quiet fans or something
    The answer to that is no. The tall hole on the right, the bottom bars, and the short hole on the top left will have the mesh (I think, I'm still working out design stuff here). And yeah, a bunch of small fans would be cool! Thanks for the idea!

Sanding is going slow right now, so I may or may not have time to prime it today, and if I don't, I will tomorrow, and I will also have a SketchUp up today or tomorrow.

Maleficus
    RIP Bucko

Small Update

Today I sanded and got my first coat of primer on. I'll have to go to the store and buy more, as I'm almost out.

Also, I still don't really have a plan for the rest of it (though I have some ideas), so I am taking suggestions. Here is the rest of the case. Its a micro-ATX, so keep size in mind.

Well, that's all for now. I'll update again soon.

Maleficus
    RIP Bucko

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Lookin good so far.
    Need a sig

Thanks man! I have another small update here. I got my mesh cut out and painted, and my plexi for the window cut out. Now for the pictures.

Mesh and plexi...

Everything put together puzzle-style...

Close up of mesh behind bottom bars...

Thats all for now, though today I'll see if I can bike down to our local Menards and get some black paint and some more primer (as they are the only place close by that doesn't require you to be 18 to buy spray paint.)

Comments, questions and critism are always welcome!

Maleficus
    RIP Bucko

Nice work so far. I like the mesh idea. I am going to have to try and work that into my design.

You might want to take a file to the holes before finishing painting. An hour or so with a file will clean up the holes and you won't regret the time spent when you are finished.