23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

12 52.17%
  • Mixed Feelings

11 47.83%
  • Bad Idea

0 0%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

That's classified.

Default Re: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

Are you sure that stand will stop those monitors from tipping over? It is a nice design but it doesn't look very stable.
    Maybe make it deeper and lower the monitors some?

MitaPi

I dont do gaming really. But in anycase, I can switch back and forth as I see fit. The edge inbetween the two screens is half an inch. Right now I have 2 inches inbetween and that doesnt even bother me. So it wont be too much of a killer. But like I said, I dont game that often.

Now I just need to figure up how much acrylic or lexan to buy to make it. I was thinking 12 pieces of 1/8th thick lexan that measure 18" x 24"? What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor
    Are you sure that stand will stop those monitors from tipping over? It is a nice design but it doesn't look very stable.
    Maybe make it deeper and lower the monitors some?
    Oh dont worry, It's plenty stable. Just bad picture taking on my half.

MitaPi

Two question I need awnsers to if you guys can...

1. Is that enough Lexan (polycarbonate) to make the monitor enclosure out of?

2. Should I leave those vents on or off? I cant decide whether I like them or not.

Ooh and a third question actually....

What is the best solvent to use with LEXAN (Polycarbonate)? I was thinking Weld-On #16??

Edit:
    I took the vents off.. I didnt like them.

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

NO vents, the mess up the lines, its much more cleaner with out the, as for the rest of the Qs i have no clue
    O_o

LOUD AND PROUD !

MitaPi

I decided to take off the vents after looking it over a few times. You are right, they dont go very well with the lines.

I think what I have decided to do, is have the two back 80mm's as intakes and have 120mm's circulate the air throughout the case and then finally out the back through the 120mm exhaust. This isnt confirmed as of yet, but I am still playing around with the idea. I still might have the front 120mm intake...

Does anyone have experience with using Lexan (Polycarbonate) and adhesives? Advice, tips, tricks, etc? Like I said before, I am thinking about using Weld-On #16?

MitaPi

Well it looks like this project is going to have to wait for quite some time. I unfortunately busted my specs in two and my replacements are going to run me 300(+) big ones. If only I could use a video card to see better....

As soon as my friend gathers up enough time from his "fiance" and two jobs I can start using his account to ebay stuff off. That will bring in about 200. AT LEAST. It will bring in a max of 600 if the buyers are there. My main hope that it will bring in the triple digits is the fact that you cant find the stuff I am ridding myself of for the price anywhere else on the net. ...only problem is that it isnt desireble stuff lol. Oh well, we'll see how that goes.

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

sorry to hear that about your specs, and the build on that mater,

I was lucky with my eyes, a few years back i got clohdric acid in my eyes, and all over me, was trying to get some hidrogen, and the thing went boom on me, now i got almost perfect vision

how did you bust them

LOUD AND PROUD !

Life is like an analogy...

clohdric acid
    haha... what? are you trying to say hydrochloric acid? if thats what it is then you were VERY lucky. that can cause some big time damage. not as bad as nitric acid, or hydrofluoric, but bad.what were you mixing it with? most times you wont get hydrogen gas... you get carbon dioxide or something like that. the hydrogen usually goes in to forming water.

try hydrochloric acid and bleach. that gets you chlorine gas. youll know because it smells like a pool and it burns. for that matter i think you can do that with vinegar and bleach.... you can do a lot of cool things with acetone too. im leaving that alone now though... you'll blow yourself up if you arent careful... actually you will eventually even if you ARE careful.

so ya, breaking glasses. shame on you. what did you do to them? you must have thrown them at a wall, yelled at them, and then danced on them all night or something. thats the only thing i can think of that would break glasses. the trick is the yelling part, because it hurts the glasses' feelings and makes it easier to break them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

MitaPi

Eh, my ex was over and I was showing off how cool my glasses were because they were built out of flexon. So yeah.... I barely twisted them like I have many times before and the nose piece instantly snapped into two. Very embarassing to say the least! I was like.. wha? Am I being punk'd or something?? Thats not supposed to happen at all! Well, not untill you REALLY flex them that is. Thats how I broke my first pair, by over flexing them. But these I BARELY twisted them and they just snapped. Worse part is that I am no longer on a warranty or insurance or anything like that with them. WHICH means I have to pay the full price of a new pair. ....I am getting a different pair this time lol.

Eh, my ex was over and I was showing off how cool my glasses were because they were built out of flexon. So yeah.... I barely twisted them like I have many times before and the nose piece instantly snapped into two. Very embarassing to say the least! I was like.. wha? Am I being punk'd or something?? Thats not supposed to happen at all! Well, not untill you REALLY flex them that is. Thats how I broke my first pair, by over flexing them. But these I BARELY twisted them and they just snapped. Worse part is that I am no longer on a warranty or insurance or anything like that with them. WHICH means I have to pay the full price of a new pair. ....I am getting a different pair this time lol.
    Heh, this sort of thing happened to a friend of mine. He got flexi glasses and a week after buying them, they snapped when he put them on. When he took them back, the guy in the shop tried to refuse him a replacement because he thought "He's been showing them off to his mates and broke them".

He got a replacement after verbally beating the guy to a pulp.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!