23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

12 52.17%
  • Mixed Feelings

11 47.83%
  • Bad Idea

0 0%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

Default Re: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

I know. You need to to a Metallic Black with a teal blue. I think it would be good to have an intake/exhaust for the HDD compartment. I am going to have mine on the side. Yeah, and I just hooked in 520 watts of speaker to my PC...
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

MitaPi

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    actually... i was just thinking about a cool way to turn everything on, besides a regular old switch. you could have a key or something to insert into the front or top of one of the section, and that could hit a switch or complete a circuit to turn everything on. that might be a really cool thing for a nuclear reactor mod... you push in the fuel rods and everything starts up.
    I was thinking of a wireless key chain relay switch. It comes in a pack of two keychains so I can have one for blue and one for red. Or I can really get nasty with techy stuff and have it where I push it once and its blue and then I push it twice and its red and then I push it a third time and its ...purple? That or just keep it simple and have the two seperate key chain switches. I could also take them apart and mount them somewhere if I wanted to too.

That key idea... actually is a really good Idea! I might do that.... But how??

Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy
    I just hooked in 520 watts of speaker to my PC...
    Lol, you are completely insane! But that is possibly a good thing. So how is the system? Worth it? lol like I even have to ask! :p

Its great. It has 8 surround sound effects, an amplifier, and its own huge heatsink w/fan to cool the components that only comes on after a bunch of loud music... lol

ok now i think you have too many fans in there.
    More fans the better i think it keeps air flow going... the trick to that fans though is placemet. a good flow system is key! since i run a prescot core i need alot of air flow. the only problem is noise and since my computer sits in my office i am good. sorry i am rambling.
    All your base are belong to us.

MitaPi

Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy
    Its great. It has 8 surround sound effects, an amplifier, and its own huge heatsink w/fan to cool the components that only comes on after a bunch of loud music... lol
    Very cool, pictures maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by justleftlife
    More fans the better i think it keeps air flow going... the trick to that fans though is placemet. a good flow system is key! since i run a prescot core i need alot of air flow. the only problem is noise and since my computer sits in my office i am good. sorry i am rambling.
    Airflow is a great thing to have for sure. But the only reason I even have fans other than for the HDD's and a slight bit for the PSU is mainly for the lighting effects. Eventually I will water cool, that is, as soon as I decide to stop being a lazy good for nothing and get a job so I can afford one. But when that time comes you can bet I will go all out little by little. Most likely a high end SLI or Crossfire board with all the nicest certafied SLI or Crossfire components along with the E6600 Conroe (Which I will be using in my "Black Rose" mod at the start of october next year also. Yea, far away I know.) and a few other neat things. I'll probably have this project finished around february of 2007 or sometime around May of 2007. But you can bet if it goes longer than May I will throw in everything I have to get it finished by the beginning of July.

Update (?)

What do you guys think of those Biometric USB Fingerprint Readers/Security devices? I am thinking about buying one and possibly mounting it somewhere on my computer in some hidden compartment so only people that know about it and that also have the accepted fingerprint can acess my computer? What do you think of that?

Also, Slug Toy I am really wanting to use that key design you thought up for the lighting. One turn blue, another turn red and then a third turn its both blue and red. But how I would I go about doing that? I havent even the slightest clue.

As for the side paneling. I am thinking I will do what Dell has done on the 4700. It's a lil latch you push down on and it basically pops off the side panel. I'll have locks on it of course to further prevent theft. But I was thinking I could also put those latches in some hidden compartment so no one would know how the side panels would come off. Might be kind of cool...

Also.. I am thinking about putting in a small LCD screen. Probably in the bottom left box, since there will be the most room to do so there.

MitaPi

Update:

I figured out my case dimensions THIS THING IS A TOWER! I am going to run to the store sometime soon (hopefully) and pick up a bunch of model cardboard so I can start building a mock up.

Edit:
    Ha, I found some file folders that I am going to cut up for my mock up later tonight.

Bottom Left Box
    15" Tall
    12" Long
    8.5" Wide

Bottom Right Box
    15" Tall
    8" Long
    8.5" Wide

Top left Box
    5" Tall
    12" Long
    8.5" Wide

Top Right Box
    5" Tall
    8" Long
    8.5" Wide

Tubes
    3" OD
    2" Tall

I am having a major brain fart right now! I cant figure out how much acrylic sheeting that is? Can someone help me please? The sheets I am buying are 12" x 12" but I am also getting a few pieces at 24" x 24" for the 15" tall pieces on my case. How many do I need to buy?

Happy Modding,
    MitaPi

Pics are under Project Trivium in the worklogs area.

Life is like an analogy...

Also, Slug Toy I am really wanting to use that key design you thought up for the lighting. One turn blue, another turn red and then a third turn its both blue and red. But how I would I go about doing that? I havent even the slightest clue.
    ill see if i can sketchup something for you. ive got an idea in my head about how it could look really cool.

I am having a major brain fart right now! I cant figure out how much acrylic sheeting that is? Can someone help me please? The sheets I am buying are 12" x 12" but I am also getting a few pieces at 24" x 24" for the 15" tall pieces on my case. How many do I need to buy?
    math problems!!! ill work on this as soon as im done dinner.

give me a few hours for both of those things.

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

MitaPi

Sweet, thanks Slug Toy! I am working on my mock up right now, but I decided to take a break. Also.. I am running out of tape really fast! lol Not good :p

Catch ya guys in a few!
    MitaPi

Oh and progbuddy.... It's official, you have the biggest computer speakers I have ever seen! lol

Update:

Sweet, I am almost out of tape but I have the bottom half mock up done. I am not taking my time and I am rushing things so it looks like crap. But it at least will give you/me a general idea of the size. That way I can plan things better.

Life is like an analogy...

ok i have a model for you. i modified it slightly since you want it to control lighting. my original intent was for a system on/off "key".

my head hurts now, so im going to take a little time to sit back, ive been on the go since about 6 this morning, and its just after 9 at night now. 4 hours of lecture makes you very bleh.

ill hopefully have an answer for the number of acrylic sheets tonight.

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it