23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

12 52.17%
  • Mixed Feelings

11 47.83%
  • Bad Idea

0 0%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

MitaPi

Default Re: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

OKay I got it! One turn of the key and the system turns on, another turn and it lights up, ANOTHER turn and it switch's colors! ...and then the final turn turns on both the blue AND red lights!

...does anyone know how I would even go about doing that? lol

Life is like an analogy...

ah buggery!!! i cant get my head working right now. ive got math class tomorrow, so ill work out how much acrylic you need then. its just review, so i can afford to screw around for a while.

as for controls... i say this:

-push the key down once to turn everything on
    -turn the key to first position (farthest left or right) to turn the red on
    -turn the key to the middle to turn both red and blue on
    -turn the key to the other farthest position to turn blue on
    -push the key down again to turn everything off

again... my head is out of gear right now. ive got an idea to make it work... kind of like brushes on a motor and how they make contact. another sketchup model is in order, but that is for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

MitaPi

Just a small update...

I have no idea how to wire up a PSP LCD to a computer... so I decided to use this instead!

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=G8270&cat=CON

And here are some pictures...

The case is awesome. Just etch out some curves in that glass.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

MitaPi

Well I am re-drawing my case in actual size on sketchup... and I think I am going ot have to re-design it a bit because my original drawing and my dimensions are way off. I'll get back to you guys when I have my actual size drawing finished. Till then...

Happy Modding!
    MitaPi

Update:

Okay, so holy cows of flaming doom. This case is officially a (slightly bigger) Full Tower, which in the previous drawings it was a slightly bigger than a standard mid-tower. This means a few things... namely more supplies to buy and a altered design. The color scheme is going to stay the same, but I dont know if the previous design will still work for me, we'll see though. It looks really good so far... much much more space than I had originally planned out. To give you and idea of how big this thing is... It has 6 5.25 Bays and a 120mm fan to cool down the Hard Drives and it's 8.5 inches wide. Well actually... here, I'll just give you the new dimensions.

Bottom Left Box
    15 inches tall
    13 inches long
    8.5 inches wide

Bottom Right Box
    15 inches tall
    10 inches long
    8.5 inches wide

Top left Box
    7 inches tall
    13 inches long
    8.5 inches wide

Top Right Box
    7 inches tall
    10 inches long
    8.5 inches wide

Tubes
    3 inch OD
    1 inches tall

So yeah, this thing is massive! But it is very cool looking and I dont mind massive things so much. I like having attention drawn to me. ^_^ Kind of good, Kind of bad... but when modding, its mostly good.

I'll have pictures posted hopefully by the end of the day. Not final, but sort of a accurate rough draft version of the final.

Happy Modding!
    MitaPi

don't mind about the size, mind about making it look good

I'm actually planning / designing a case which will be about 20x22x8 inch in size... that's not much different than you're planning... I don't see a problem

(unless you don't have the space to put it somewhere in your room :S )

Life is like an analogy...

and then remember my idea... that thing is probably going to be at least 20x20x10.

are those dimensions fairly final then? i dont want to try to estimate how much acrylic you need until you're happy with the dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

That's classified.

Slug Toy,

That Key/switch thing looks a lot like the "MagLock" from "Star Trek: First Contact" (No, I'm not a trekkie)

As for the different "modes", maybe try a rotary switch? And possibly glue it to a button switch for the pressing function...

MitaPi

don't mind about the size, mind about making it look good
    Oh dont worry, I could care less about size. Thats why I let it get so big when originally it was supposed to be a small slim case. It's all about what I like visually for me.

are those dimensions fairly final then? i dont want to try to estimate how much acrylic you need until you're happy with the dimensions.
    I wont allow it to get any bigger. lol I dont think it really can without being just rediculous. So yeah, that is about as final as it is ever going to be. It might get smaller, but I doubt it. I dont want to re draw and alter stuff again. It's a pain. But in any case... just go off of those dimensions.

As for the different "modes", maybe try a rotary switch? And possibly glue it to a button switch for the pressing function...
    IF I can figure it out, I am going to have a basic key hole that you turn to do everything. It will go in this order... system on, blue, red, blue/red. I want to keep it fairly simple as you can see. I am actualy thinking of using a really old style key/hole. The kind where the key has a lil handle and it has a bar with like a tooth at the end. Super old school but I want it to look new and nice. Which I can do by chemical cleaning or just by buying one that looks nice. But yeah, I think it would be cool to carry around a nice and shiney gold key that turns my computer on.

MitaPi

Ooh, also I found an LCD screen that I am going to use instead of my PSP. I think I already mentioned this... but oh well. Its good in case someone missed it I guess.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16874104009

Seems small right? lol wrong! I drew up the actual size of it onto my sketchup drawing that is actual size as well.... and its almost too big. It actually might be.. but I over drew it for safety so I think it should fit nicely. In your hands.. it looks small.. on my computer.. it looks big. I am happy

Oh and it also has like all the hook ups to work easily without doing a whole lot of wireing. I can also buy a adapter to I can hook it up to my computer via VGA.