23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

12 52.17%
  • Mixed Feelings

11 47.83%
  • Bad Idea

0 0%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

MitaPi

Default Re: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

Triple post! HA! :p

So I forgot to save my work... and now it's gone. So I have to RE DO THE ENTIRE FREAKING THING! Pretty much sucks like a monkey, but I have had worse things happen to me. Luckily I wasnt that far into the design anyways. Well, time to start crackin! Wish me luck! I'll be sure to remember to save it this time.

Life is like an analogy...

good practice. you should have seen how many times i designed some things... i can still whip up one particular case model in about 10 minutes.

go for details this time. include the key idea, even if it isnt finalized. it helps you visualise everything, and can help make design choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

MitaPi

Will do Slug Toy. This time I am going to do everything how it is going to be in real life. Although the color and texture will never look real.. it will still help give the best Idea possible. I have to admit.. I am quite excited! I've always wanted a Tower PC. ...and now I got one! The thought of renaming it as "Nephilim" crossed my mind last night when I started my mock up. Huge hardly describes it, But it will be a nice eye catcher thats for sure. I hope it at least gets 3rd place in one of our local lan's. That would be cool!

MitaPi

Well, I am having a huge creative block right now. I have basic shape of the case... and thats about it. Maybe you guys can help me think up some idea's?

If you want my sketchup you can PM me for it and I'll send it to you. You pick how it is transfered. (Email, Messenger, etc.)

Everything is exact size. 120mm fan, optical bays, case, space in between sections, so on and so forth.

ok, send it on over then. i might as well have a shot at it. im going out in a few minutes, dont know how long ill be, but you better send by email just in case this takes a few hours.

oh, by the way... i got an email from tigerdirect regarding you and some entry. did you enter some sort of contest? i hope you did because i just did too by responding to that email.

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

MitaPi

Yup, I enter in Tigerdirect.com contests every now and then. This one is for a conroe! And by you filling it out you just gave me an extra entry for this week. So thanks! This also means you have a chance too of course. ^_^

Okay, I'll send it now. Remember to use accurate measurements. lol I hate re-sizing things :p

MitaPi

HA! Today I got my new toys in! I got a second LCD monitor, a USB wireless adapter and some new temporary replacement *cough* dell *cough* speakers. So yeah, I am pretty excited right now! I am thinking about mounting the two monitors into a acrylic case so its easier to transport and I can minmize the space inbetween as well. That way I can also mount my webcam into the center of the dual screen case instead of just one monitor. Which would look odd.

Just 2 weeks left untill I get my acrylic sheets in!

MitaPi

Well I havent given you guys pictures lately, So it is about due time for another batch yes? These next pictures I worked with one of our fellow modders and TBCS Forum follower to come up with. I think he did a FANTASTIC job dont you? How about a round of applause for "Slug Toy"?!

Still a work in progress, But I think I am getting pretty close to the final product!

i see you got rid of the big central window there. i personally liked that bit... but it looks pretty much as good without it. now it looks like some sort of really expensive computer grid thing.

i think the black and turquoise go good for this thing. if you're using clear acrylic for everything, just get some green and blue led's and it should work.

How's about this for size?

Coffee is love, coffee is life.