Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project: TJ07 Candy Blue

ATX Mental Case

Default Project: TJ07 Candy Blue

Hi Guys

As some of you may know not to long ago I completed Project Far Cry. It got me 1st place at xLAN for which I received a shiny medal and a very nice Silverstone TJ07. There is no way I could get a case like the TJ07 without modding it, so here is the start of my project log.

Incase someone felt like pointing out the obvious… I know flames have been done before But I like them, so I’m going to put them on my case Not to sure on the project name yet but I can always change that later. As the name suggests the case will involve the colour Candy Blue. The plan is to strip the black finish from the TJ07 then paint the case a nice gloss black. After that will add in the flames in silver go over the whole case in candy blue then finally a couple of clear coats. I will also be doing some acrylic work in the case inside and out. Most of the plans at the moment are just ideas in my head so I cant show you to much in the way of pics.

Haven’t done much yet, just spent my free time at work the last couple of days drawing out the design on the side panel. I just want to check out that it’s all right then tomorrow I cut!

That’s all for now, hopefully another update tomorrow.

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

Default Re: Project: TJ07 Candy Blue

woooow wwwoooooooooowwww

damn you know your flames

gonna keep my eye on this

LOUD AND PROUD !

MitaPi

Flamage! Sweet! That looks really good so far! Keeping an eye on this for sure!

Good Luck!
    MitaPi

ATX Mental Case

Thanks for the comments guys! Flames have been re done :p

ATX Mental Case

Well its 4am over here at the moment and I just finished redrawing the flames on the side panel. Someone on another forum suggested they weren’t very random and all looked kind of the same. Unfortunately I agreed with him so ripped off all the tape and started again. Probably would have done it even if he hadn’t commented

I did this lot a little faster in the hope it would look a little more random then went through and fixed them up a little. They still look quiet similar but I am much happier with them. This time I haven’t included the smaller flames at the font of the panel as they don’t need to be there till I start painting which isn’t for a while. This is just to show me where to cut for the window.

This next pic I did on the other side panel which I have absoloutly no reason to draw on at the moment, I’m actually not sure why I even masked it off. Unfortunatly the only marking pen I had when I did this was green. This pic is just to show the effect I’m going for. The final panel will of course have better drawn flames, the masking tape colour will be gloss black and the green pen will be candy blue.

That’s all for now, time for me to go to bed.

i like the flames keep it up

CAN YOU WIN PLAYER OF THE WEEK!!!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tbcs

Anodized

Way cool. Those flames are going to look like "layered". Nice. Looking forward to see how this turns out!

-That UPS guy delivered the wrong PSU. I'll teach him with my USP!-

ATX Mental Case

@ sirkillalot617 Thanks man!

@ Jarnauga Yep hopefully the layered look turns out nice thanks for the comment

ATX Mental Case

I just got back in from cleaning up the garage. I didn’t get a whole lot done because I had to do another job for Mum. The window has been cut out on the side panel and just needs to be sanded and neatened up.

Probably wont get much done until the start of next week as I need to get some Perspex to do some work on the inside of the case. So that’s all for now Thanks Guys.

ATX Mental Case

Finally got back to doing some work on the case today. I didn’t take to many pics of the work as I went as there wasn’t too much to show on how I did things. So ill just post a few shots of what it looks like now. I decided just doing a little Perspex work inside and a paint job wasn’t enough for me so I now have a new goal of now screws being visible from the outside of the case (excluding the bottom cos ya don’t see that). I also wanted to do something to hide the wires at the back of the computer so they all just come out the bottom near the floor. Hopefully this will make the case and area round it look a whole lot neater and more sleek.

As you can see from the last bit moving everything forward has put the mobo tray in the way of the top fans. So I am going to have to get some aluminum welding rods and ad a bit in the top there to move the fans closer to the front. I think in the end it will look better any way because it will bring the top hole into the same line as the window and the grill on the side panel. Much to do, I am thinking of adding some cooler master fans and lights etc and entering it in the cooler master modding comp, this would mean it needs to be finished by the end of next month so I better get working on it. All for now, look out for an update in the next few days.