Page 1 of 32 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2 L.A.N. PC.

Default Battlefield 2 L.A.N. PC.

First off, im new to the forums so hello to everyone.

Ok, I recently stumbled upon an old army cooler that made me think doing a battlefield case would be rather cool. My only problem is I cant figure out how to implament battlefield in the case. Im going to put in military switches, convert the front and back into hinged doors and, install sheetmetal for a flat surface for the 6 inch lcd screen, control panel. The lower part of the front will be left for a fan and a hidden cdrom drive. All the hardware is pretty much figured out I just need some cool features for the theme. Bullet holes seem to be along the lines but that just isnt enough for another person to say "hey that case is a battlefield theme." There is a lid to this thing and it has al lbeen gutted. My mind just isnt as creative as i had hoped with this project and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ps- this case is ment for lan so durability is a must.

DIMENSIONS: 19 3/4in. long, 9 3/8in. wide, 13 1/8in. high

Dan, yes the geek.

Default Re: "I need some help on battlefield mod!"

this is how I plan on setting up the harware and the overal look of the case. I just need some advice on some ways to make this a battlefield theme. Also do you think it is a bad idea to have a cd-rom drive vertical? If so I would apreciate any suggestions about the placement.

Overclocked

Wow! Pretty good work!

I really doubt a vertical drive will work well, unless it is made to be vertical, the tray need some ''holders'' for the disk to remain on it. What about placing it under the front switches and making a customized cover?

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Yeh the vertical drive wont work (have tried it before and dier consiquences!)

You could have it at the bottom (above the hard drive) with 2 samller fans to cool the hard drive? then on the front a little flip down bit where the tray comes out

ATX Mental Case

For a military theme you can't go wrong by taking a look at http://www.creativemods.com/content/view/275/39/
    m4gnum.com/tardis/ - Doctor Who inspired case

Hey thanx for the reply. I didnt think putting in a vertical drive would be a good idea (thanx for reasurring me) so i am going to make a flip down panel on the very bottom of the front that hides the drive. I cant install it in under the front door because i just dont have enough room inside the case. It will hit the ram and most likely not help coolin, if you know what i mean. This is going to be an air cooled system because it will be for strictley lan use. Ill probably make the front door a little shorter sence i really dont need much room for a 6in. lcd and some switches. That will also alllw me to use a 120 mm in the front like I had hoped. Ill have to play with sketchup a little more to be sure. Oh the frame inside of the case is going to be removable, via the top, so working or upgrading this thing wont be such a pain. This frame will hopefully house a full atx motherboard and powersupply as well as the hardrives.

Thanx agin for your replies and more are welcome (hint hint)

Fresh Paint

nice....wish I could tackle a project suck as this!

Edit: Meant to say "such" instead of "suck"

Case Wizard

I'm not sure about the dimensions in your Sketch Up, but since your design has curves in the front and back, you might be able to slide the inside frame back till it hits the curve. Or maybe not all the way back so that the cables can fit. But maybe enough so that there is increased space in the front, you should be able to fit your CD drive.

I have never had an issue with my vert mounted dvd or cd roms. Most newer cd/dvd trays have the little clips in them that hold the disk in while the tray is closing. Both of the drives I have in my system were at one time verticle (whole case was rackmounted sideways), and I just checked the other systems in my house and they all have the clips.

EDIT: Now you got me curious, because while I have mounted the drives on thier side I have never tried the orientation you show in you diagram. I now have mission to try this because I have a spare cd drive to use and lots of old cd's...

I think I may do something like this. What do u think? (thanks for the front door idea). It will be placed all the way to the left to stay away from the motherboard and give room for some usb ports.

Yes that big white box on the bottom is the powersupply, I couldnt find any other place taht it will fit and still give me a rear case fan and not hit the cpu fan or be right over top of it. its okl on the bottom I guess?? Atleast it wont be the only thing you see from the top window!!