Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2 L.A.N. PC.

Anodized

Default Re: "I need some help on battlefield mod!"

That whole design looks the business! The local of the PSU shouldn't really be too much of a problem as long as you take into account 2 things. 1) The wall socket cable that plugs into the bottom of the case in your design. 2) The fans wouldnt be obstructed in the case. As long as the bottom has enough room to route a thick power cable, and enough distance from the floor to get good exhale from the PSU, then it should work fine.

Plus, repaint it like it was to begin with but minus the fact the paint was lead, that paintjob would have been sick for a military design!

Note: lead paint is only dangerous if you eat it. Small children seem to think it taste's good

I like your idea. I'll fallow the progress.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

MitaPi

Quote Originally Posted by gaz_the_chav
    Yeh the vertical drive wont work (have tried it before and dier consiquences!)

You could have it at the bottom (above the hard drive) with 2 samller fans to cool the hard drive? then on the front a little flip down bit where the tray comes out
    Dont use a regular drive then... use one of those drives where you feed it in. Like in a car. Problem fixed ^_^. But it looks better how it is right now if you ask me.

Very cool looking mod so far! This isnt your first time making a 3D model is it? lol

This case is my first experience with sketchup but i have used CAD a bunch of times.

I started cutting out the plates that go behind the front a rear doors. It takes forever with a dremel. I need to find a jig-saw.

This is the basic idea for the back of the case. The tabs will be bent and the plate will be rivetted to the case. (helps with the militay/battlefield theme.) I figured I would start on the back to learn the best way to do the front.

SHould I use the same color for the case or go with a desert camo? Desert camo represents BF2 more then a plain olive green. What do u think? Although, the olive green that it was painted with was pretty cool. Maybe I should have left the paint on there???? It was some strong stuff, took me almost 3 quarts of paint stripper and way to many hours of work.

Im still having a mental block trying to think up some ORIGINAL ideas to pull off the Battlefield look. I figure I will throw on some rust and keep all of the dings in the case to help it along. I could use any suggestions if you have some. (normally I am not this questioning/needing ideas from others I just cant figure this one out.)

Thanks again for the replies, it makes the forums worth coming back too.

-Do you think this should go under the worklog threads? I seem to be updating my mod for then asking questions lol!

This case is a really really awesome idea, if i had one of those boxie thingys I'd concider making one (even though i dont like BF1942, and havnt played BF2 [yes i live under a rock on the moon])

Nice work, and awesome creativity

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by fragged
    This case is a really really awesome idea, if i had one of those boxie thingys I'd concider making one (even though i dont like BF1942, and havnt played BF2 [yes i live under a rock on the moon])

Nice work, and awesome creativity
    LOL Ive got a Pentium3 in my house, but Ive managed to play 3 times BF2 already... outside of my house, for sure Two times at a LAN Party where they have their own computers (so no need for me to play only Warcraft3), and the other time at my cousin's rig.

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

I've got a bit of an Idea for your DVD drive. Leave it at the bottome of the case, but move it as far forward as you can, Then Only cut out enough metal for the Drive tray. Now build a set of rails from the front of the tray to the peice you cut out. Basicly it's Stealthed just a little deeper in. You'd have to look and see how close you could get the drive to the front as you'll need the tray to stick out atleast 1/2 way so you could insert or remove disks. But if your dim's are right in Sketchup then it should let you get close enough. Let me know if you want a drawing to explain the Idea.

CrazyBillyBobb

A stealthed cd rom drive would be cool but the only proble is the area where i would have to stealth. It is quite curved and has a few other obsticles like the motherboard. I only have a 1 3/4 inch gap between the cdrom drive and the side panel. That means I have to fit the motherboard tray and the motherboard in that gap with some room to spare for the power and led connections.

Heres some pics

Do you think I have enough room for all of that?

Heres a pic of the back plate that is still onder constuction. I also have to add the back door on.

Well I have decided to start up this project again sence I have som tax money (thank you federal government.) I dont have the pics for the missing images so Ill try to post some newones asap.

Just to recap on what has been done:
    -Pain..,, I mean paint removed (alot of work i might add)
    -The rear and front doors cut and remounted.
    - ahh.. I guess thats it lol.

A|Ill add some pics later tomorrow to show where im at.

Dan The Geek

Admin: feel free to move this to works in progrees if needed.

In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.