Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2 L.A.N. PC.

Anodized

Default Re: Battlefield 2 L.A.N. PC.

I was wondering what your opinions on adding some handles onto the front was? I like the looks of them and that is all they would be there for. Do you think Im trying to add to much? Anyways, Id love to get some opinions to help my decision sense I cant decide.
    If U could plug out all front with this handle - Yes.
    But U can't, as I can see.
    My first thougth would be -WTF? For what fckn reason here they are?

No way. It should stay modern, minimal and military.

That's my opinion and if U put this in project then Satan will rape U and U will have to write a code in Visual Basic for all your life.
    But U can do as you want...

Code:
    ar -r God

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

I think the handle looks awesome. Arent there military computers that have removable drives with those handles? But then again, if the handle doesnt really do anything, people might get confused. This is turning out truly incredible!
    +(Imitation)Rep
    Last edited by BigJohnson; 09-06-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Need to spread it around...

Quote Originally Posted by h3moglobe0 View Post
    If U could plug out all front with this handle - Yes.
    But U can't, as I can see.
    My first thougth would be -WTF? For what fckn reason here they are?

No way. It should stay modern, minimal and military.

That's my opinion and if U put this in project then Satan will rape U and U will have to write a code in Visual Basic for all your life.
    But U can do as you want...
    uhhhhh...... ok.

im a bit confused. but ok. I see them more as guards for the switches and crap in case it were to fall or something were to hit it.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the input, much appreciated

-danthegeek

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I still say go with the handles.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

ATX Mental Case

I like the handles idea; but they might fit in with the theme better, if they were black.

Just my opinion.

I love tyhe progress on this mod....very cool!

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I like the handles idea; but they might fit in with the theme better, if they were black.
    I have seen more military equip, etc. with silver handles than black... usually darker though, more like a gunmetal type color... hmmm

i think they look great there as is though...

Anodized

Ehh
    So I have to call someone. Go google and find VB compiler...

But if so...

I agree.

I have seen more military equip, etc. with silver handles than black... usually darker though, more like a gunmetal type color... hmmm
    And also agree.
    Both true.
    But what 'bout paint it with black and do some "wearn out" job on this handles?

And quick look on this
    http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2005...lefield2_mod/2
    or this
    http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2005...lefield2_mod/3

Still I don't understand for what reason there are handles. On the top works fine, but in front - for what?
    I see them more as guards for the switches and crap in case it were to fall or something were to hit it.
    If you put this that way... Do it, if you worry about this switches. But if smth has to be broken, it will be broken. No matter what you do, it will.

Man. With handles or not. It is still the most badass shi+ ever.
    Man, just mod.

Code:
    ar -r God

i dont really like the handles idea. i think you did a very nice job on the front panel but if you compare that to one of the side panels then the front panel looks overwhelming. i dont know if you going to do more to the side panel but if you do, do what you did on the front panel only on the side panel i then think the handles would look good. like maybe add random switches that dont do anything or add more white text to the side or paint a big 2 for bf2. pretty much what im saying is do more to the side panel. no matter what you do its going to turn out good. this is just my opinion dont think i hate your project because i dont i think its awesome. keep up the good work.

Thanks for the input everyone, I think I will wait a little bit longer for my final decision on the handles. I like them but, you see them on almost every military mod.

Quote Originally Posted by AMD_TaT3rs View Post
    i dont really like the handles idea. i think you did a very nice job on the front panel but if you compare that to one of the side panels then the front panel looks overwhelming. i dont know if you going to do more to the side panel but if you do, do what you did on the front panel only on the side panel i then think the handles would look good. like maybe add random switches that dont do anything or add more white text to the side or paint a big 2 for bf2. pretty much what im saying is do more to the side panel. no matter what you do its going to turn out good. this is just my opinion dont think i hate your project because i dont i think its awesome. keep up the good work.
    do you mean the lid? I plan on putting in some gauges once I find some. Ill also have a storage box for the power, vga, etc. cables. Maybe even a few tools. I just cant find anywhere that sells old style temp gauges anymore, Kind of like THESE on the front of that case. The ones I do find have a bunch of extra crap with them that I dont need.

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

im talking about the sides. they look kinda bare and then you look at the front panel and it has all these gadgets. you should put temp gauges on the side or something like that.