Thread: Case Project: Sin City

ATX Mental Case

Default Case Project: Sin City

So i, yes i, have decided to start a case mod project. The theme:Frank Miller's Sin City. My plan for this is fairly simple (mostly painting). What i am going to do is design a Marv case. Marv is played by micky rourke in the new movie thats comming out. My case is going to be based of the comic books though, where marv is about 2x the size that he is being played in the movie. My plans are to paint a nice big red Sin City logo on the top of my case. I plan to put an applique of marv jumping though a window, in my window. And the back of the case will have a big blow up of a spotlight on marv agianst a brick wall holding a gun. Ill get the pictures of my templates up soon. The case will be black, with a deep red chassi.

Let me know what you all think, any advice is much appriciated.
    "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people."

Anodized

Sounds pretty good, I love that sortof artsy feel that film has. Hopefully it will be as good as it looks.

Laser cutting is an option for a complex window like that...not terribly expensive if you can get a black/white image of what you want.

As far as painting goes, you can do that yourself, and there are numerous guides out there to help you get that perfect finish.

Hopefully you can get it done.

ATX Mental Case

Yeah, well im not going cut out a window of a picture, im just going to use an applique, just make it real dark and see how it turns out. The case im using already has a big window cut in it, not much i can do at this point
    "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people."

now by the back of the case, you mean the side w/ no window right?

are you gonna draw the picture w/ light already in it? or are you gonna have a light that acts like a spotlight to the picture?

Fresh Paint

Two quick ideas for you.
    1. For the window, take the window up to a sign shop that does vinyl signs, and have them put the image on the window. That's what I did for my case, and I'm thinking about doing it for two more cases I'm building. It looks great and should only cost around $40 bucks. I'll post a pic of my case if you want to see what it looks like.
    2. It would be really awsome if you could incorperate the Macfarlane Toys Marv in the Electric Chair toy. It basically shakes like Marv's getting shocked. It would be really cool if you could rig it to where it turns on when you start the computer. You can probably find it on eBay.
    Good luck though, sounds like a great mod.
    "Peace through tyranny" - Megatron