Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first engraving

Default Re: My first engraving

Make the sides look like marble colums covered in vines.
    That's the only thing that popped into my head.

How quickly do you wear down your bit?

Resident Alcoholic

that looks SWEET!

Anodized

oh my god, i think i soiled myself, jks, but reallly, thats just awesome, and your first time? jeez.

I have just got a rotary tool, not a dremel but it should do, what sort of speeds did you do that with? mine will spin between 8,000 and 30,000 rpm. Will any engraving bit do, thats similar to the 105? Thanks in advance for the help

Thanks nzcubey. For engraving use the lowest speeds of the Dremel, it allows you to control much more the draw and prevents heating both metal and tool. You can use any engraving bit but 105 is the finest one and you can do more detailed desings. You can also use 106 and 107 to fill big zones.

An advantage of my ideas, simmilar to nil8 ones (thanks dude). In the front, in both clear aluminium "columns" I'll engrave some feathers and after that paint the oultines in black. Sweet? I think so

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_McCormick View Post
    Thank to all. Let's answer.
    I printed the draw and fixed it to the side panel, then used the dremel to do the outlines. Next step is remove the printed draw and fill it.
    hey im just wondering, how exactly did you do that? just print it onto paper? or did you use some kind of vinyl? im really excited after seeing this case, i have a white alu case sitting in my room beggigng to be my first test dummy. (i found a small engraving piece like the 105 (in my new rotary tool kit), i think its a bit bigger, but meh )

Just printed it in DIN A4 paper (default paper size used in Spain) and fixed it with tape, don't know the name in english, it's a single face tape made of plastic and transparent about 2 centimeters wide which is used to stick papers.

Anodized

oh ok, well i had a go, but i just printed a design on paper, then used a inky cd pen, and went slowly over the lines, it went through the paper onto the panel, then i used my dremel on it, it came out sweet, and for my first go, im pretty pleased. sorry i dont have anyways to take a picture of it, as my sister has my camera. edit! I LIED i had my webcam, GENIOUS! lol here it is!

the picture really doesnt give it justice, but meh, it looks friggin sweet irl

(also i found out my flexible shaft is crappy, instead of just rotating around, it vibrates from side to side, so when i was using a needle engraver, it was like a 2 mm line when you pressed down, lol) actually i was gnna ask you weither you used one or not, as holding the tool seems kinda extreme

Thanks for all your help, this has inspired me heaps, cya!

Wow dude, talk about some nice stuff, talk about inspiration too
    "The sooner you get started, the sooner you get done so you can start over again"