Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1-10?

Default Re: 1-10?

Quote Originally Posted by MitaPi
    nah, not really into games. Just for programs... everything on my dell right now is SO FREAKING SLOW AND DELAYED IN RESPONSE TIME! Its driving me nuts, at least its bettern than a celeron D lol.
    lmao. Don't joke the celerons man :p . Mine works fairly quick w/ Nvidia Geforce MX 4000. They could use a little extra "boost" when needed though.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

MitaPi

lol yeah, well they are friggen cheap too!

What if I took this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819112207

and overclocked it as high as I could? Now compare that to a P4 2.8 w/ HT... worth it or a waste of money?

ATX Mental Case

imo, save your money and get a new mobo with an e6300. You'd get a performance incread of 15 on a scale of 1-10

MitaPi

This isnt something that I would actually do. I wouldnt waste my money, I was just wondering.

I plan on doing exactly that though. The only problem is I dont want to get the mobo's that are conroe compatible. What I mean is that I want to get a board that can use the conroe and everthing else to its max. Just cost too much right now...

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, one more thing. A conroe compared to a 2.8 P4 isnt a comparison at all. lol It would be like a 700 percent increase. imo

If you do plan to upgrade, wait a month or two untill the prices come down a bit and you should be able to get a performance monster for $150-200 eg: E6600.

Top that with a good mobo, and overclock your brains out.

Does anyone know what the multiplier is on the conroe's and if its been unlocked? I know intel doesnt like unlocking it but with the recent overclocking fad, they might have had some sence slaped into them.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

MitaPi

a month or two?? That soon???? I COULD SO WAIT THAT LONG! heck, I could wait to february if had too...

Life is like an analogy...

well look at it this way in terms of waiting. when are the quad cores coming out? thats probably about the time the core 2 duo prices should drop a bit. i bet they'll hold steady until then though. plus i think we'll see a speed bump to create a new core 2 duo x6900 soon, and hopefully that should shift the price structure a bit too.

the e6600 was about $460 on newegg when it first came out. its down to about $316 now... so in another couple months it may be possible to pick one up for $275.

as for motherboards... those things are pissing me off now. all this g965 and p965 and 975 chipset crap... so many different categories for the same thing. i say dont make a decision on that one until you know for sure that you're buying a new processor.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Overclocked

get rid of any dell machine... jeez why do so many people have 4700 when you can build a similar pc with better components for about the same price.....

i'll never understand!
    sorry about the sig size ppl!
    ==================================
    AMD x2 64 5000+ windsor
    asus crosshair
    asus x1950xtx
    2gb OCZ platinum
    ==================================

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

lol

It's simple really.

My dad bought mine and previous to him doing that free of charge I did not know how to build computers. I do now, which is why the only thing Dell in my computer at the moment is the motherboard/cpu/psu.

Also dell offers you things that you cant offer yourself. ie warranties, customer service, etc.

It is kind of funny though, this one was 1200 when I first got it and I now know I could of built one three times as good for 700 and way better looking.

Dont worry though, I feel your pain ^^

As soon as I can afford a new motherboard/cpu and psu I am going to stick everything from the dell that I still have laying around back into the dell case and I am going to blow it up using a combo technique that involves things such as Thermite. That wont be for a few more months though. But I do still plan on doing it and video taping eventually.

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Overclocked

i didn't think thermite exploded ... just burned through every damn thing in its path

i'd be careful about making things of any sort explode these days though. i hear those DHS interviews can be a pain