Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New "BoomBox"

Razors Edge

Default Re: My New "BoomBox"

Yeah, For a "Newb' you got something there. Love the idea, Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Thanks, Razor, makes me feel good you guys approve of what I'm using to mod, hehe.

Here are a few updates as to what I"ve done so far.

This is the base with the motherboard mounts bolted in, just using some bolts with the nuts doubled up b/c I didn't have any proper motherboard mounts

This is with the motherboard mounted to the base, think it looks pretty good

Another shot of the motherboard

This is with the back panel and the motherboard inside the box

The only real problem I've run into so far is how I'm gonna provide additional support to the PCI cards, as I will have to cut a hole for the upper part of the bracket, but not sure how I'm going to mount it there, I want to have the back panel either open and close with some hinges, or have a method of bolting it in and easily remove it for later upgrades/maintenance.
    "The sooner you get started, the sooner you get done so you can start over again"

I went ahead and mounted the power supply in there as well so I could get that out of the way, there is a piece of plexi under it to help hold i up, then it has one bolt on the lower side that you can't see.

With the hole cut in the door/panel

Good to find uses for the PCI bracket covers for other than what they are made for I used one to help mount the PSU and make it more secure

This is a side fan grill i mountd, gotta love the dremel

This is with the rear panel again

"The sooner you get started, the sooner you get done so you can start over again"

Anodized

i really like this, it would be really funny watching people cry when you pwn them at a lan with a boombox XD

Well, no real updates recently as I've been working like crazy, and I've hit somewhat of a roadblock with the rear plex panel....
    I attempted to have it work like a door, I crazy glued two small pieces of plex to the upper and lower sides on the right corners. A good idea in my head, but when I actually put it in, well it didn't want to open and close all the way, hehe.

Any suggestions?
    That's what I get for nto thinking it through all the way. So now I gotta either sand down the right side so that it swings out unhindered or cut a new back panel.