Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ual 737

Modding the World, One Case at a Time Boddaker's Avatar

Default Ual 737

Hey guys, thought I'd post some pics of my 737 case here, now that it's finally done (well, aside from a minor repair). My worklog is much to extensive to repost here, so if you want more details, feel free to check out all 26 pages at gruntville.com. Enjoy!

Its history in a nut-shell:
    This case was made for my dad, who is a retired United Airlines mechanic with 35 years of service. He primarily worked on the Boeing 737s, hence the case design. I fabricated it totally from plexiglass. The Jet-7 is the only thing not hand-made. I even built a special vacuum-forming table for the sole purpose of forming the outer shell. The slimline slot-loading DVD/CD drive is hidden in the wing as well as the kb/m receiver, and the rear horizontal stabilizer serves as the mouse's docking station and charger.
    Anyone know who the pilot is?
    Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Default Re: Ual 737

Great job, Bod!

I've been following your work log over at Gruntville for a long long time now, it was you that inspired me to build my vacuum former! I bet your dad was so proud to see such an amazing case... have you showed t\him the work log? Thats the most impressive part, to me at least. There really is a TON of work into that piece of art.

Great job!
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by tybrenis
    Great job, Bod!

I've been following your work log over at Gruntville for a long long time now, it was you that inspired me to build my vacuum former! I bet your dad was so proud to see such an amazing case... have you showed t\him the work log? Thats the most impressive part, to me at least. There really is a TON of work into that piece of art.

Great job!
    Thanks man! Yes, I finally got to show it to him after MML last week. Unfortunately, the shell got broken during shipping, so I couldn't give him a complete case, but I did print out the entire worklog from Gruntville, so at least he has some reading material now! LOL

How did your vac table come out?
    Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

Awesome. I think that is the first airplane mod I've seen. The pilot is a nice touch too.

BTW, the dark shots look really sweet.

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

I've been following your work log since you started, i dont have a acount at Gruntville butt that was no problem, how bad is the damage pics pics

LOUD AND PROUD !

Very very nicely done, really like the idea of an airplane

I'm wayyyy impressed. That is one sweet mod.

Wow Bod's here!! Good to see you. I'm really sorry to hear about what happened. I was crushed when I saw the pics on GV. I too have followed your work for a while. In fact.. This mod was the reason I signed up over at Gruntville . I really liked Home Sweet Home as well, I refer friends to it frequently to demonstrate that case modding is about creativity and execution. Even the most ordinary of objects that people wouldn't even think of (ie. Floor vents, Crown Molding, Cross stitch) can be used to make a very cool case! Then there is UAL737 which goes to the other end of the spectrum. Its the epitome of fabrication and craftsmanship... well before this turns into a rambling.. GREAT CASE very inspiring and looking forward to what you come up with next!!!

Hang in there... I imagine there is an army of modders at your disposal, just waiting to send nasty grams out to FedEX.

ATX Mental Case

Holy Crap! The inflatable pilot from Airplane is stealing your Airplane!

Thanks guys for all the comments! I shipped the shell back to my place in CA (went with UPS this time), and will start the repair process shortly. I'm pretty confident I can fix it (Zap-a-Gap to the rescue!). If not, I still have the buck I used to form it, so I can form another one. It will just be more difficult to get the wing holes right without the rest of the plane to match to (it's currently set up at my Dad's sans cover).