Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Case Color Opinions? (Pearlescent)

MitaPi

Default Case Color Opinions? (Pearlescent)

This is the case...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811156018

These are the colors...
    http://www.kustomshop.com/scripts/de...spearltrad.bbx

Now, I am not asking you to decide the color for me. I just want to know your opinions. I wanted to get the color shifting pearlescent but it ended up to be more than I could afford. But at least these ones I can afford and some of them do slight color shifts.

Oh and I know, cheap-O case! But that is the nicest one I can afford/or was willing to pay up for would be slightly more precise lol.

MitaPi

Default Re: Case Color Opinions? (Pearlescent)

I like this color alot... is it purty or what? :p

http://www.kustomshop.com/scripts/de...earltrad13.bbx

Anyone have any ideas as for detail work or something? Like have accents or a ripped look somewhere or things like that?

I think I might do a Kanji Symbol on top of the case... But what symbol should I use?

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

right on the money

LOUD AND PROUD !

MitaPi

Thanks

Why do gloss when you can do metallic? Why do metallic when you can do pearlescent? Why stop at just pearlescent? That was basically my entire thought process which took about 3.4 seconds. :p

I think for the Kanji Symbol... I am going to paint the symbol for maybe ?Ice? in ?black? on the side of the case that is opposite of the window. I am still not sure on what else I should do if anything. It might look good just the way it is... but I have always had it in my head to not make something one color all the way around, but instead have a main color (the pearlescent) and accent colors (???).

What colors go well with blue?

lol I really should of payed more attention in art class...

If you are having problems affording the paint... have you looked at the AutoAir colors from the same manufacturer?

http://www.airbrush-depot.com/script...sid=0924132445

Waterbased, and a lot of different effects, as well as sizes. I am currently experimenting with the semi-opaques, the Candy's, and I just ordered some pearls, and have some gold flake and alum. flake that works really well.

All of the Auto Air colors are urethane clear compatable.

MitaPi

Thanks TD, what are semi-opaques by the way?

Are these the same colors?

http://www.kustomshop.com/scripts/de...earltrad13.bbx
    http://www.spraykings.com/product.ph...gory=26&id=854

The one from spray kings is slightly more in price but then I noticed it was a 4oz and not a 2oz. So that would be great if they are the same thing....

-Mita

Life is like an analogy...

ooooh, i just had an idea. if you arent doing the whole thing in the colour shift blue-green stuff, use some nice super-pure white in there too. white goes with the darker blues and greens very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

I'm diggin the gold pearl and blue pearl. Of course, that's just like, my opinion man.

MitaPi

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    ooooh, i just had an idea. if you arent doing the whole thing in the colour shift blue-green stuff, use some nice super-pure white in there too. white goes with the darker blues and greens very well.
    DUH! -Slaps self repeatedly for not thinking of that-

That is a good idea Slug Toy. No I am not doing the whole thing in color shift blue-green. lol Thats why I was asking what colors go well with blue. It's like painting a house... if you did the whole thing in white it would look pretty bad. But if you add some accents in there (window shades, doors, frames, trimming) it would look alot better.

Any idea's on how to incorp that into the over all design? Maybe something.. dare I say... GEOMETRIC!? :p

I was thinking about trimmings but I also thought about doing some simple designs?

Quote Originally Posted by a.Bird
    I'm diggin the gold pearl and blue pearl. Of course, that's just like, my opinion man.
    Do you mean two seperate pearls or a shift between the two?

I was actually thinking about mixing blue and gold pearls... but I dont think I would be able to afford a second thing of pearl paint.

Anyone have any ideas as for the color scheme on the inside of the case?

I was thinking on having the four 80mm's as a blue LED and the 120mm as well. As for cold cathodes I was thinking of dual cathodes. One UV and one Blue. Then of course wrapping up the wires in BLUE UV sleeves. Then I guess I could paint the inside white?? Thats one idea... anyone have a different idea?

Call me crazy...

Gold Pearl Metal Luster for the outside, excluding the original silver front panel, and flat black for the inside. I think a case like that would really pop. Maybe a few yellow cathodes, white or yellow LEDs. I'm a fan of monochromatic schemes. Of course, I also have no taste.

Either that or

Blue Pearl Interference for the case, minus the original silver front panel, and flat white for the inside. Blue LEDs and cathodes. Yummmmmy.